1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team FIAT (TFI) Official OEM ICE upgrade guide v3

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Arjunbhargava

Arjunbhargava Amatore

New Delhi
    Sarojini Nagar
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Aditya Bhardwaj Mate you can try snapdeal , they have Wide range and it may fit your budget ...:happy:
  2. Aditya Bhardwaj

Aditya Bhardwaj Timido

New Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks for your suggestion Arjun. Will surely check it out. But i exactly want to know what all should i need to get.

Thanks
    Aditya
  3. Arjunbhargava

Arjunbhargava Amatore

New Delhi
    Sarojini Nagar
    Punto Evo 1.3
    75fb8a05cdb7655544d9a048088a0e06.jpg 213e099ee56a03214b3e3799adc88ae1.jpg

Here you go these two ..they have more options
  4. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its really a personal choice. I had liked the Hertz more than the Polk Audio and were also cheaper on Snapdeal. I am pleased with my decision. Best will be if you can audition both and then decide. I couldn't audition the Polk DB6501, but did audition the co-axial of Polk and Hertz and carried my impression over to the components. I have the Hertz ESK 165.5, JL Audio 10" Sub, Atrend custom made enclosure at 0.72 cu ft, Cervin Vega wiring kit, Scoche Speaker wires, Pioner DEH 3790 UI, 1 pack Dampmat and Blaupunkt 470SF Amp installed

Along with brand also do ensure to get the write guage. Heavier guage and you will have chance of burning out your equipment. Lighter guage and you will have burnt wires. So along with brand this is also imp. There are many brands Scosche, Cervin Vega, Bull Audio, etc

Search for Motor Concepts on FB and call them. Can even try Driven, but Driven is mostly for more expensive equipment and does try to sell more than you would have initially planned for. Driven guy will not do that. Interms of experience and expertise, both are at par

PM me if you need any more info
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 29, 2015 ---
    If you go for HU change , then you dont need a high-low converter, but with OEM you do. Have no info on Vibe and Edge brand, so cant suggest on it

For 2 DIN HU on Punto they will have to make a custom fascia and have to but some part of the AV vent console, just below the buttons for hazard lights. The steering control module does work with some single DIN units also and costs around 2500.00. So unless you really want to get a double din you can gofor better SQ single DIN along with the steering mount control module.

For Punto you dont really need rear co-axial speakers. Leave the stock ones there and save some money. The reason you are having to go for that expensive sub is cause of this rear speakers, cause the amp can only provide for 2 set of speakers. With upgrade to both front and back speakers and giving them signal from the amp you have to either invest in other amp or get a sub with built in amp. Drop the rear speakers upgrade and you will be saving upward of 15K.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 29, 2015 ---
    Also not sure how well with the sound signature of these two match or will not match.

Front - Rockford Fosgate (RF) Punch Components = 7850
    Rear - Vibe Black Air Co-axial = 7850
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @mhitesh,

Please contact Aatish and Ali at Motorsounds, Andheri. Go for Candence Momentum Sub and prefab ported box like JBL 12".
    Better install Morel Maximo 6.5 components at front, and same 6.5 co-ax at rear. That is if you care for sound quality. Apart from that most speakers offer above average sound, but sound signature of Morel or Infinity Kappa is pretty great, esp. suited for vocals too. Go for any amp that can is 2ohm stable. For sub match impedance accordingly.
  6. Sarvesh Korde

Sarvesh Korde Timido

Thane
    Thane
    Linea 1.4
    I have a Linea emotion(2009).
    Can I install :
    2x 6.5" component speakers (Front Doors)
    2x 6.5" co-axial speakers (Rear Doors)
    2x 6x9 co-axial speakers (Parcel Tray)
    all together.

Please guide.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I currently have the below set up in the car.

Stock Head unit
    6.5 inch Arc Components (forgot the exact model) on the front doors
    5 1/4 Stage audio components at the rear
    Arc Class D 4 channel amp
    12 inch Cerwin Wega sub woofer.

I am fed up with the crap quality of the stock head unit. Hence planing for Pioneer DEH 80 PRS head unit and then wiring it to make it an active set up. Though initially will run it in the passive mode with the existing wiring. To make the set up active, I will need another 4 channel amp, fiber glass set up for tweeters and rewiring which will easily set me back by a minimum of 25k bucks and around 22k for the head unit.

The downside, I will lose the calling facility (from the steering wheel buttons). However, the bluetooth calling facility and the steering controls for the volume/track will be still intact.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @nkrishnap, I have tried to play around to tweak the setup. There is just one other TFIan who has posted about 80prs setup. The slopes and crossovers points in network (active) mode can be bit overwhelming. So hope you have someone who could really exploit those settings. Meanwhile that setup is running in regular F/R/S mode and sounds sweet on a Morel Max. and Infinity setup with two Cadence Momentum DVC subs.

Class FD amp is what you could aim for in future for better efficiency and sound benefits.

Another honest opinion is you will need better tweets like DLS Scandinavia etc. or similar stuff to make it worth the fiber glassing etc. You basically need a perfected 2.1 setup from what I have understood so far for such an active setup.

Meanwhile a dealer in Mumbai has a deal on Morel Virtus Nanos. He suggests its best pricing in India. PM me if it interests you.

LPINE%20F1+DLS%20SCANDINAVIA%20%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%99%20TOYOTA%20WISH%20By%20UDC%20CAR%20AUDIO%20[4].JPG
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @asimpleson; thanks for the heads up mate. The first stage is to get the headunit, integrate the steering controls and tune it properly to the new head unit. The active set up will follow a bit later (mostly due to tight finances). I have heard about the DLS tweets. I will be going for the best ones out there when I take it active.

The installer here is quite well versed with these as far as the work or the set up goes, I am in safe hands. Do pm me with the cost of the Morel Virtus Nanos. But like I mentioned earlier, the active set up will have to wait for 3-4 months at the least and it will be done in stages.
  10. Sarvesh Korde

Sarvesh Korde Timido

Thane
    Thane
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks for the reply mate.
    But I didn't get answer to my question though.

Can I install :
    2x 6.5" component speakers (Front Doors) - JVC CS-VS608 [300 W]
    2x 6.5" co-axial speakers (Rear Doors) - JVC CS-ZX640 [350 W]
    2x 6x9 co-axial speakers (Parcel Tray) - JVC CS-V6938 [400 W]
    all together.
    If yes, then -
    • what all things do I need to hook up all these together?
    • Is a 4 channel Amp enough?
    • Is the stock HU OK for this?
    If not, then please tell me the best Config for my Linea Emotion(2009).