1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team FIAT (TFI) Official OEM ICE upgrade guide v3

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Just one query. Did you have to re-do the stock wiring ? I thought changing speakers alone would be just plug and play ie remove the old speaker and clip in the new ones. Is the stock wiring in capable of handling upgraded speakers ?
  2. abhishekpachore

abhishekpachore Amatore

Pune
    No need of changing stock wiring. If you are going with only speaker change. No wire cut nothing. Remove old ones and place new one's. And normal speaker upgradtion can be handed by stock wiring

Sent from my GT-I9082
    1 person likes this.
  3. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Cool thats what the Idea I had too. Planning to upgrade the speakers to JBL ones soon and this information will come handy while dealing the shop lads !!
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am also using the stock wiring only. There is no need to change anything except the speakers. Make sure you tell them not to cut any wire while connecting new speakers. They can take out clips from the socket like thing from the terminal end of the wire to connect to new speakers.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Now, there are two guides. This thread has been renamed as official "OEM" guide as the goal is to improve sound while changing as little components as possible. For aftermarket modifications, a new guide has been posted >>HERE<<
  6. mnvvishwa

mnvvishwa Novizio

Bangalore
    Hello,
    I have a 2012 model Punto MJD Emotion and it does not have the AUX input.
    I'm planning to buy a USB to AUX converter as shown below, so that I can play songs from my mobile using the Blue & me usb port in my car.
    Does anyone have experience? Will it work??
    USB to AUX.JPG

I have one more question, How is the quality of the FM transmitter or is there any way to control the songs through mobile?
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  7. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Mumbai
    Linea Classic
    wow!! amazing !! All I Wanna Say Is Turn The Volume Up On Your Speakers
    Pump Up The Bass Like This
    Aaj Hai Friday Night Mein Chalun Apne Friends Ke Saath
    Random Spinning Wheels Meri Boom Boom Car
    Laga Ke CD Player Hum Toh Chale Hain Tayaar
    Speaker Maare Base Karde Sab Kaan Faadh.
  8. kishor123

kishor123 Timido

belgaum
    belgaum
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I am sorry though almost everything is explained in detail, I had a query,
    I am new to this ICE upgrade thing. What exactly mean 30x4 Watts mean?
    For what kind of speakers we should be looking for(while considering only speakers upgrade).
    Does it mean that we should consider speakers below 30W ?
    Thanks in advance.
  9. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    USB To AUX converter would not work. The signals at the 3.5 mm jack would be analog. and the USB is totally a digital interface. Do not even try hooking it up. The Phone may short out/brick. as there will 5 Volt line in the USB.

FM Transmitter : the sound quality for cheap ones are not good. The expensive branded ones, like belkin, may be better. But not tried.
    asimpleson likes this.
  10. Arjunbhargava

Arjunbhargava Amatore

New Delhi
    Sarojini Nagar
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi guys can someone give me a good ICE suggestion about my punto evo active ? I have a budget of 25k to start with and will add on every month ... For HU i am planning a single din usb aux player only not a cd fan ...kindly help will look for a sub and amp too...can extend my budget till 40k