1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team FIAT India Goa Meet: 25th to 28th Jan 2013

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by kedarbendre, Oct 30, 2012.

1. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Ohk Guys, So now that just couple of days !!

For bangalore guys ...

1> Anyone planning to start early morning - I am aiming to leave my place 4 am :)
    2> What should be the best route from Bangalore to reach Panaji ???
    3> Any pre-check that should be done ?
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    :confused Today is the 16th and we are starting on 25th. That would be next Friday, not this Friday :D

Arnab is in Kolkata and will be landing only at 10:00 AM on 25th. I am planning on picking him up from the Airport and heading straight to Goa

We are taking the Tumkur-Hubli-Belgaum route.

Tyres, air pressure (incl spare), fluid levels are mandatory checks.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  3. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Yes people come to belgaum .I'll join you all from here. We can take the savantavadi route.
    I hope the local goa guys are also
    joining. Because only 6 members ,what will we do there ??
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Here is the final list :)

1. Arnab
    2. Rajan
    3. Kedar
    4. Amit
    5. Anand
    6. Shivraj
    7. Rituraj
    8. Sunil
  5. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    I learn from Team BHP that the following route is the best:
    "Belgaum - Jamboti -Kanakumbi - Chorla - Sanquelim. To get on to this route, you need to travel 7 km south of Belgaum on the Khanapur road and take a right turn at Peeranwadi. Absolutely brilliant route, recently laid, roads smooth as butter (at least till Chorla), and distance to Sanquelim only 85 km! Only a small 2 km section is currently under repair but that's no big deal - I did it easily despite the low GC of my Hyundai Sonata Gold. As an added bonus, the route is very scenic: mountains, valleys and forests - would recommend it as the best route to North Goa from Karnataka.
    Went to Panajim on 25th and came back today on 29th, both ways I went using this route. I concur, its a beautiful route and as already said this road is makkhan
    Points to note:
    • Approx 2 kms of road is being constructed currently. Still this road is pretty levelled with pre-surfacing material not a cause to worry.
    • Look out for an odd crater in the Chorla Ghat.
    • While going from Belgaum to Panaji please make sure to take right turn diversion at Peeranwadi this distance is shorter and directly gets you to Jamboti, if you miss this turn then you may go via Khanapur which adds around 20-25 odd kms.

See post 981 by RemingtonSteele
    Shivraj,
    Do you happen to know the latest state of this road?
  6. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Regarding the chorla ghat road : What i heard is ,apart from a 4-5 km stretch the road is (butter smooth)awesome.Its the shortest route to goa from Belgaum. I think we can take this route without any hassle.i have seen a lot of GA registration cars coming to belgaum through this route.
    If not this,the savantwadi route is always there.:)
  7. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Thanks a pile, Shivraj.
  8. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Hi folks,

So 2 more days and we will be doing goa. I am starting friday early with a plan to Break for breakfast at Kamat, Ranebennur.
    Now please suggest which route I should take from here to reach Odxel Beach (Near Panaji).

Attached is Google options:

1> NH 17 route via Bankaur, Yellapur, Karwar, Agonda
    2> NH 4 and 4a via Hubli, Dharwad

goa.jpg
  9. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Hi rituraj.
    How short will it be for you via karwar route?
    Via Belgaum it will be total 620(blore to bgm -500+ belgaum to goa via chorla - 120)
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Guys most of us will be in Goa on Saturday Morning.

Now we need to finalize the meeting point as all of us are living in scattered locations.

Anand sir was saying Colva Beach as it is less crowded.