1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat India Dehradun Meet thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by prakhar_lfc, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Hi Prakhar, Varun & Pulkit,
    Congratulations to you for making this happen. I was expecting details of your DDN meet & snaps, when I checked TFI forum today & it is pleasant to see all you guys in Punto on road. I missed this time but hope next when we will plan such event, we select a date when most members will turn up. Infect Dehradun can host a meet for Northern India region of TFIans.
    3 people like this.
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Neel!

Yeah, hopefully, next time, there would me more members!

Thanks Rachit!

Do call me once you are back. Would love to meet you.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  3. HMV

HMV Timido

Thrissur
    Congratulation and Nice photos
    Was been at Dehradun in the second week of October this year for three days. I hardly saw Fiats at DDN. Except for one or two Lineas and Puntos I could not spot any Fiats. That is the same case from the drive from Delhi to Dehradun also. But in Kerala, especially where I presently live is different. You can see a lot of Fiats on the road.
    Happy Diwali to all
    3 people like this.
  4. d_d

d_d

Dehradun
    Dear Friends,
    Wonder how I ever missed the whole thing. I live on Rajpur Road behind hotel Great Value and I have a Linea 1.4 EP. I think I was one of the earlier Fiat linea owners of Dehardun. My car was I think one of first five cars when I bought it in Jan 2010.
    I would have loved to be part of it. Let me know when you plan it next time. you may send me email or message.
    I was a great initiative though. Keep it up.
    d_d (Dr Desh Deepak)
    3 people like this.
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Hi Dr Desh!

I would certainly contact you when we plan the next meet.
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Team Fiat India Dehradun Meet v2.0

Exactly a month after our first meet, we Dehradun guys had another meet yesterday.

On 9th December, I got a call from Rachit. He gave the idea of having another meet before he leaves for the Factory Meet. I called the Dehradun members to know about their availability and to fix up the date/time/venue of the meet.

11th December was choosen as the date, with the venue being The City Junction Mall. It was choosen because of its open parking and a nice food court where we could discuss about our cars.

The participants:

1. Myself
    2. My dad
    3. Rachit
    4. Varun
    5. Arpit (Varun's cousin)

I also called Pulkit and Tushar, but Pulkit was out of country and Tushar was busy with work.

We planned to assemble at the mall around 6:30 pm, but because of some delays, could only reach the mall around 7 pm. After a brief introduction and a few photographs, we headed for the food court. It was a chilly day, with rains in the afternoon and outside temperature hovering around 10 deg C. What made the day special was the fact that it was Varun's birthday!

At The Parking

IMG_3481.JPG
    L-R: Varun's Abarth, Rachit's Jet, Our Jet.

IMG_3480.JPG
    That Punto on the extreme left wasn't a part of the meet.

At the food court, we had a lot of fun, discussing about our cars, TFI stickers, the Factory Meet, adventerous trips, the fastest we have been in our cars etc. Time flew by as the discussions went on and we realized that its time to leave.

Members' Pic

IMG_3483.JPG
    L-R: Rachit, my dad, Varun, Arpit

The Fiats

IMG_3485.JPG

IMG_3486.JPG

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3490.JPG
    On our way back

After the first meet, this was a step forward as we had more cars and members.
    7 people like this.
  7. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Hi Doon TFIians!

With more than three months since the last meet, let's have another meet on 31st March. The possible venues can be Maldevta or Asan Barrage. Kindly respond to this post to give suggestions about the venue, time etc.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  8. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    maldevta, i suggest.but no idea bout any diner around maldevta.time,big problem these days coz very messed up with new clinical set up and old clinic.no day is a free day.:(
    1 person likes this.
  9. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Hi All,
    I'm OK with 31st March date. Maldevta is a nice place & road will be good to drive. As I suggested in PMs to members, we all can assemble at Pared Ground in morning at 10am & after small chit chat, proceed in a convoy to Maldevta. There we can spend some good time doing photo shoots etc. Later by noon have lunch (need suggestions) at some decent restaurant & head back to Ghanta Ghar in a convoy to see off each other and return to home.
    I hope all Dehradun TFIans will participate in this event & make it a success.
    3 people like this.
  10. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Hello Doon TFIans,
    Can someone confirm how is the road condition to Maldevta Route? I spoke with Tushar & he informed that this road may not be in very good shape. So what other options do we have with in 30km radius? Asan Bairaj, sahastra dhara, Robbers cave, Buddha Monastery, Dear Park, Lachhiwala. I am OK with any of these above. What is your say? Kindly choose one & confirm your participation as well so that we can move to next step of planning this meet.
    1 person likes this.