1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat Group with whatsapp

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by rahulvfx, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Everyone,

Will it be a good idea, to have a group of TFI in whatsapp ? Forum is not always accessible, and it can't be mobile. Many times, say during service or doing some modification to our car we think, if there were some expertise knowledge at that particular moment, it would be easier to make decisions. Many times we are misguided. So I thought this would be very useful in those situations just to make sure things are in right track, by quick discussion on whatsapp group. I guess now everyone uses whatsapp.

So as for start-up, I'm creating a TFI group, but I will be needing interested members contact number. And I will add them to the group ...

Now interest members can PM me their contact numbers and rest I will do as required ...

Thanks everyone and hope this would be great start for TFI members to be connected ...
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    4 people like this.
  3. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore

Hi Ravi,

You are true, that information/ discussion will be lost in whatsapp. But till the TFI app comes, we can use this as for particular situations I mentioned... I'm not at-all saying we should go off from TFI forum. This has to be always there. I problem with Tapatalk is it doesn't give you any alert of any new posts, only PMs ... It always depends on users to check and then check again for reply. In certain situation we need quick replies, for that I thought we may use whatsapp, just to broadcast and get some idea ...
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Might as well shut down the forum! In fact we are seriously considering that.

I am sorry but I have very strong views about this. Once you start getting used to "instant help" I can assure you that nobody is going to take the efforts to update the forum.

A better approach is to discuss on the forum BEFORE you go for service or do modifications. And even if there is an emergency you can always call a few people or hold on till you get response.
    18 people like this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    If you have subscribed to the thread with instant notificiation you do get an alert on the Tapatalk. I for one have been receiving notifications on PMs and subscribed threads. To be frank, I dont see a need for a separate stand alone app, since you already have Tapatalk and it hardly takes any time to get online on the forum.
    4 people like this.
  6. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Okk .. no sad feelings ...
    ... This is almost 100% true ... (mainly depend on users)

So dropping whatsapp plan ...
    3 people like this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ^ Whatsapp groups are there already, join them and see for yourself. But I assure you that it is very deficient and there are no rules there. It is not a match to any internet forums let alone TFI. Simply because it is an IM.

That reminds me of a similar query I had in mind. Why not have a Yahoo Messenger like chat room for those who login onto our forum or is it asking for too much..:p
  8. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    We do have whatsapp groups, but they are mainly used for catching up and off topic conversation.. In my opinion, forum is the best platform for help as far as technical queries are concerned.. For everything else, we can just call up the right person. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  9. s.rahus

s.rahus Novizio

Chennai
    Nothing can match the features provided by a forum:- everything get documented in a forum and the search feature is very useful, to name a few. A forum can be considered as a "knowledge database" which will be helpful for everyone.

I personally think that, if we have a chat room, then lot of issues will be discussed within that chat room and everyone would not get benefited (just like whatsapp chats). It too lack the "documentation" capability provided by a forum, IMHO.

Do we have a Facebook page? If not, what is your opinion about having one? The page should be used to only share the threads and posts in the forum and the sharing capability should be with the moderators alone. FB users can like the page and like and/or comment on the threads/posts that are shared on the page by moderators.

That might help us to attract more users/readers to TFI or it might be a bad idea?

Cheers,
    U S
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  10. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    We do have a Facebook page here
    mchanna, s.rahus and Ravi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.