1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat Anniversary Meet : Pune - Mumbai : Report Pg 34 onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, May 13, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Excellent turnout. Truly epic!
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    TFI ROCKS !!

You guys are phenomenally awesome. I won't write why. Those who were there know what I am talking about.

Love you guys !!
  3. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

I would like to place on record my appreciation for the efforts taken by the Moderators to make this forum happen and to make this meet happen.
    I am told that Amogh went all the way to Lonavala yesterday and personally met the management of Lagoona Resort to ensure that all would be fine during the meet today. I am also told that when returning from there yesterday, he got caught in heavy rains that reduced visibility so much that he had to drive back at the unusual speed (if you can call it that) of 10 kmph. Hats off to him!
  4. Aniket, thanks a lot for sharing those images. :D

This post is a contradiction to your last post in this thread. :p
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    sorry guys i missed the cake cutting ceremony, i wanted to attend this ceremony but cuase, i dont own a car and i need to rely on other team members.

A speacial thanks to Anand and Amogh to accomodate me in their. Thank you so much.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    grandeur we are waiting for your pics
  7. milind5656

milind5656 Novizio

Excellent quality time after a long time. A lot Pune members had joined in.

Next lets plan a Pune meet to get known to more punekars.
  8. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Guys, had a great time meeting you all. Thanks Amogh & Sandeep for organizing the event!
    Awaiting the pics, esp the stitched ones from Harish (in original).
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

It's an awesome sight to see so many FIATs together. I just remembered 3 December 2010!
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    TFI Pune-Mum Anniv Meet - 2011 - Report & Pics

Here is a short report of the meet. I don't have any pics as I was not carrying a camera. But we had many shutterbugs for the meet who will upload images soon.

As planned, Pune guys met up at Hotel Wadeshwar on F C Road for breakfast. Our Army man, Aanand Sir, was the first to reach Wadeshwar followed up Sujith VKS, Me, Kedar, Greyhound (with his wife), Countrock (with his friend). After a quick breakfast, we left for Lonavala. However, since all Pune members had not assembled at Wadeshwar, we decided that all of us will be meeting at the First Toll Naka on the e-way and from thereon drive together towards Amby Valley Road.

A total of 8 cars from Pune participated in the meet (low by normal TFI standards but still better for typical "Puneri" standards). I mean seriously, I have to write this here, Puneites are the most laziest bunch of people I have EVER seen in my life. Plan the meet on a Saturday - they don't turn up, Plan the meet on a Sunday - they don't turn up. I have officially declared yesterday, the day Pune members outnumber the Mumbai members during a Pune-Mumbai meet, I will bear all the expenses of the meet (excluding fuel and toll ;))

Pune & Mumbai members met up at Amby Valley Road (Tiger Point as it is called). Mumbai guys were first to reach the spot and I was the last :A But boy - what a sight it was to see close to 30 cars parked in a neat semi-circle. Seriously, it WAS a sight to see. I can't describe it in words : you guys will have to wait till Harish and Grandeur upload the images. It was really heartening to see members come for the meet with their spouses and kids. We had some fun conversations at the meeting point, members checking out modifications on each other cars, Aniket's red Punto with those 17" black alloys is always the highlight, Punto's easily outnumbered Linea's though. For me personally, the highlight was the Bronzo Scuro T-Jet. That colour looks REALLY good on that car (Heck which colour looks bad on the Linea & Punto ??)

Icing on the cake was Narendra Sharma (Product Manager for Grande Punto) joining us for the meet with his wife and son. TFI really appreciates and thanks Narendra for joining us for the meet. Thanks to his presence, it gave the members an opportunity to directly interact with him and inform him about their concerns.

After the photo shoot at Tiger Point all of us proceeded towards Lagoona for lunch. On the way we were greeted with some heavy rains and horrible traffic. Before reaching Lagoona we stopped on a bridge to take photographs of all the cars standing in a row. Again - wait till the pictures are uploaded. It was quite a sight.

We reached Lagoona at around 2.00 pm. I had already informed the officials at Lagoona that we will be close to 30 cars and would require ample parking space. Thankfully, there was a good amount of parking space and nobody faced any issues. We when proceeded for lunch and from the feedback that I have got, the food was excellent and nobody had anything to complain about. The menu was well laid out and offered a good variety of both veg & non-veg options. (I personally feasted on the chocolate mousse ::V)

After lunch, we decided to relax at the pool side while some members (and almost all the kids) decided to take the plunge. The discussions mainly revolved around Fiat cars and how "other" forums and media channels are useless and biased. We left Lagoona at around 5 pm but not before cutting the TFI Anniversary cake. Again, wait for the pictures to come up.

The real drama & fun starter AFTER we left Lagoona. While looking for a place for all of us to have tea, I managed to put my car in a pit. The scene was something like this - right front tyre in the pit, left rear tyre 3 feet in the air and me running around like an idiot. But a few phone calls to all the members and they reached the spot in a flash. A few minutes of discussions about how to pull out the car, a strategy decided and the car was pulled out of there in a few minutes. If anyone ever wanted a proof of the "Spirit of Team Fiat" : this was it. To hell with the rain, to hell with the weather, a car is stuck and we need to get it out. That was all on the minds of the members. Thankfully, no damage to the car and if it was not for the engine guard, I would have been in deep trouble today.And before you ask - no pics are coming up of this particular event.

Post this "event" we had tea at Neeta's Restaurant and proceeded back towards our respective cities. Not everybody joined us for tea, but those who did, witnessed some good "drama" and got to meet a person who owns a "100 buses each being worth 1 crore" :D

All in all a great day, good fun. Many TFI'ians had come for a meet for the first time and I bet they did not regret. For those of you who missed, well, there is always a next time, but you did miss out on a lot of fun.

Thanks guys and I will now wait for the pictures and individual reports / comments to start flowing.

I might have missed out on a few details, please feel free to add.

Cheers to TFI and a BIG THANK YOU to all of you who joined for the meet.