1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat Anniversary Meet : Pune - Mumbai : Report Pg 34 onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, May 13, 2011.

1. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    +1 to gautamkhadse, Also the drive to Shrivardhan is one of its kind.
    Attaching a sample pic from my last drive to Harihareshwar-Shrivardhan-Dive agar

Picture 127_1.jpg

Rajeev
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys : drive to Dive Agar and back is going to 400 kms

If that is fine with everyone we can plan for Dive Agar
  3. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Thats atleast 6-7 hours of on road time in hot summer.

The more important question is: Do we want to spend max time on road or interacting? I am more inclined towards a shorter drive and more time interacting.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think Diveagar is the best place. If we make it well planned then it will be memorable meet. If we try to leave Pune/Mumbai as early as possible ( early morning 5 am ) then it wont be any problem.

If we come back to Pune/Mumbai a bit late then it is ok. For that we need to organize this meet on Saturday so that we can take rest on Sunday what say guys???:p
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  5. rajbajwa

rajbajwa

Mumbai
    With fuel costing almost 70 bucks a liter, I would prefer a shorter drive. Instead of spending money on petrol and hours behind the wheel I would rather spend the time and money on the place.

I don't want to start any squabble here on which place is good and bad. I respect the opinion of the guys who want to go to drive to Divegar. But personally I am not in favor.

This is purely my choice and please excuse me if I have accidentaly offended anyone. That's not my intention. I don't mind spending 5100 just to see Amby Valley. I have been hearing about this place ever since it opened but was holding myself from visiting it due to the expensive rates of the Chalets where an overnight trip would cost more than 30 thousand easily for a couple. If in around 5000 bucks I get to see Amby Valley and do a bit of activity there I am game. Yes the money is lot more than the additional cost of petrol to drive 400 kms. But then as I said it's purely a personal decision.

Amogh it's important on finalizing the place soon as that will give a better idea of people who are surely coming. There's a risk of dropouts if the chosen place doesn't appeal to everyone.

Moderators... If you think my comment will creating any kind of bipartisan issues please feel free to delete it.

Best Regards,

Raj B
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Instead of Divagar we can visit Kashid Beach. Grandeur has recently visited that place. I think he knows very well about Kashid Beach. It will be center point for Pune & Mumbai guys. Its 150-160kms from Pune.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Harish, Raj : your points have been noted and appreciated.

I just had a chat with Sandeep and we have decided that Dive Agar is OUT. We will be meeting at some place around Lonavla. Raj and Harish both have a very valid point - there is no point spending time and money on just driving for long periods only to go back the same day. It will be stressful.

Now coming to Amby Valley - I am trying to negotiate with them to get a reasonable rate. We don't need the safari's, boating, City ride etc etc. All we want is a place to park our cars, do some photography and spend some good time / relax.

Amogh
  8. SunilFiat

SunilFiat Novizio

pune
    I also agree. It is Anniversary meet and not Fiat Ride. If Amby valley doesn't happen then we need some more option.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    The beach idea is also gr8...Everyone cud get a dip in this hot summer & wud be refreshing too..Spending 5k on Amby valley for a day is not a wise thing for me..All v need is a place to eat rest hangout n click loadsa picha's :D
  10. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    @ Amogh
    I am in touch with the Fiat guys to try and get them involved too.
    Please give me the final numbers and the destination asap.
    Maybe they can help us out with the Amby valley thing.

P.S. more guys need to be involved though. If the numbers are poor they won't be interested.