1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat Anniversary Meet : Pune - Mumbai : Report Pg 34 onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, May 13, 2011.

1. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Diveagar
    Assuming that the onward journey will be on Saturday, 04 Jun 11:
    1. Those who cannot stay overnight, can commence the return journey around 1600 hrs and reach home by about 2000 / 2100 hrs on Saturday, 04 Jun. (Although Google Maps states that the 200 odd kms journey takes only three hours from Mumbai / Pune, it is best to plan for four hours at least).
    2. Those who choose to stay overnight, can enjoy the sunset and sunrise at the beach.

Both the above categories can do the 'Coastal drive' (from Diveagar to Aaravi Beach - i.e. about half-way to Shrivardhan - along the coast) soon after lunch. The one-way distance is only about 12 kms. (See Google Maps).

This review at Mouthshut is worth reading particularly re tips for accommodation and food http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Diveagar-toomorunpm
    (Almost all places require at least four/five hours notice for food so it's best to ring up and place orders a day prior - for lunch at least).

And of course, in Diveagar, one could visit the 'Golden Ganesha' temple. The golden bust of Ganesha displayed in the temple was found buried in the ground in a 900-year old chest (trunk) in a nearby wadi. One can also go to the wadi (prakat-sthan) and meet the lady (in seventies) who actually found the golden Ganesha.

Also, one may visit the temple of Rup-Narayan just near the beach. This temple is under renovation.
  2. Hi All,

Count me in :p ,
    I'm Game for any location among the ones mentioned.

Abhi, a.k.a "fiatfan"
    -Mobile : 9820809447.
    -Email: abhi.1107@gmail.com

Cheers !

I've updated the spreadsheet accordingly. I'm at # 20.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I will be going to Della Adventures sometime tomorrow (post lunch) to check the place. Feel free to join.

I can be reached on amogh "at" teamfiat.co.in
  4. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Guys, What is the last date for the confirmation?

I'm still not sure if I'm free on 4/5. But may confirm by 31st. Is that Ok? I'm sure by that time the destination will get finalised.
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
  5. You may join in any time. but make sure if you are coming on 31st May.
  6. You may join in any time. but make sure if you are coming after 31st May.
  7. People out of 27 only 10 members have updated the excel sheet. Out of which 4 from Pune and 6 from Mumbai. What about other guyz.
  8. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey! Pls note i will be there. Pls update it on the excel sheet as i am usisng my cell to answer!!
  9. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    I tried to open the excel sheet but the link is shown as invalid. Even I'm in anywhere we go.
  10. I'm able to access the excel sheet. :)

Please try again, MihirC.