1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat Anniversary Meet : Pune - Mumbai : Report Pg 34 onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, May 13, 2011.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here is the plan
    Pune & Mumbai guys meet on Amby Valley Road by 11.30 am. Sandeep will be leading the Mumbai pack and I will be leading the Pune pack.

Mumbai guys - Co-ordinate with Sandeep (9920376797)
    Pune guys - Co-ordinate with Kedar (9923123804) & Me (9049046240)

•We meet at Amby Valley Road, get introduced, drive to some spot, do photography etc. We proceed for lunch to Lagoona post the photography session.
    •Reach Lagoona by 2 pm
    •Have lunch at Lagoona - hang around the resort after having lunch, relax and then leave.
    •We can maybe have tea somewhere before heading home

Don't worry about how to reach Lagoona. Follow me. I know the route

Pune Guys:
    Some of us are meeting for breakfast at 9 am at Hotel Wadeshwar on F C Road. Feel free to join. Those who are not joining, stay in touch with me on phone

Mumbai Guys:
    Co-ordinate with Sandeep about the plan.

So in a nutshell
    •Meetup for breakfast
    •Reach Amby Valley Road by 11.30 am
    •Introduction, Chat, Photography at some nice spot
    •Reach Lagoona by 2 pm for lunch
    •Proceed back home after late noon / evening tea

DISCLAIMER : I have not gone through all the meet threads so I am unaware about any meets being planned. But this one deserves a separate thread because it is for a good reason

Those who have been with us since the Google Groups Days might recollect my famous prank about the group shutting down. If you guys still have those emails go back and check out the date of that email. The most important date in the history of Team Fiat - 1st June 2010 :)

I am attaching screen shots of the two emails for those who were not a part the Google Group. To this day I still miss that group. While a forum is immense fun, an email group has its own charm. Frankly speaking, reading the responses the two pranks envoked was moving. I mean, who the hell are we guys ? We were not even supposed to know each other - and in an ideal world we are actually not supposed to know each other. One lifeless automobile (which for most is nothing but a symmetric compilation of metal) has brought all of us together.

And look where we are today : in close to 365 days : 1600+ members !! We have made friends, built new relationships and gained a lot of knowledge through this forum which runs on complicated scripted codes written by some techies sitting in some remote corner of the world !! One word to describe this entire phenomena : INCREDIBLE !!

All of this now calls for a celebration. Now that we are becoming a year old : it's time we got together and celebrate this occasion - the FIRST BIRTHDAY OF TEAM FIAT INDIA !!

So : this is what I have in mind -

Pune & Mumbai guys: Let's plan one big meet. I would prefer a place like Amby Valley or something similar. My agenda is that the place should be scenic, should have plenty of parking space and most importantly ; offer good opportunity for photography. We must have the space to ourselves. I, personally have no contacts in Amby Valley. But if any of you guys can fix up something at Amby Valley OR any other similar place that offers food + plenty of space and is at a good location : we could go there.

Rest of India: You guys can have regional / city wise meets. The idea is : all of us from across the country should plan our meets on the SAME DAY !!

Suggested dates : 4th June or 5th June

What say guys ? Let the ideas start to flow in.

Amogh

TFI Prank 1.jpg

TFI Prank 2.jpg

EDIT: Amogh has confirmed the details of the meet here:
    TFI Pune-Mum Anniv Meet - 2011 - Report & Pics - Page 17
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Amogh, it was nice remembering those old days. We have come a long way and learned a lot of things.. but I disagree with your comment on "One lifeless automobile .." It is not a lifeless automobile, if it were, we would have been like owners of other lesser automobiles.. with out a home to call their own.
    So Yes we should have a meet. :drinks
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Leh yatra !!!!! Amby wemby to aise hi jaate rehte hai :D
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Amogh, i had given this idea once but the response was average. But I think it would be nice if this can be executed successfully.
    4-6 regional meets turning into a grand meet.
    P.S.- It had happened once incidentally in March when TFIans from 4 parts of the country assembled in their respective states on a single day. I guess it was Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai and Chandigarh that time.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hi Roy..I already had this in mind and voila here comes the appropriate situation.. I am in even if it is two of us..I am sure many would love to join..Come on fellow TFIANS let's do it..:clap
  6. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Paddleshifter,

Is not the Chail trip planned at the same time? Maybe we could fine tune it.

Regards

Johnny
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Guys, if the date is 4th or 5th June then there is possibility that I will not have Punto in my Hand. If I dont have car on 4th or 5th May then please PUNE Members please accomodate me you car :-(
  8. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Pune mumbai guys , do you remember our Big Wheels Motoring meet . Was awesome wasnt it . Why dont we go to the same place . pretty big and then we have pavana dam pretty close by , or my sugestions would be , Kolad or Diveghar , lets have some fun , over night trip , I guess diveghar would be really awesome ! nice and quiet
  9. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    Wow.. nice, Hyderabad folks... 5 June'11 sounds nice to me, location please suggest, i have few in my mind

Nagarjuna Sagar - meet at necklace road and depart can do a one day thing go in morning and return in evening
    and more on list will share, guyz come in with suggestions...
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Johnny sir, yes of course. By the way, I hope you are coming with us. A Mirage fighter pilot in our group would be the best thing to happen sir ji.