1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tata Vista Quadrajet 90 goes on sale

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by shams, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Thank GOD. D90 was not launched when I got my Punto 90 HP. If it had been launched at that time, I would have not checked out Fiat at all. Just because at that time TATA stopped ABS and Airbag in their topend vista, I unwillingly checked out FIAT and got addicted. If they had a D90, I would have happily booked it without knowing a Real car that has muscles to hold even a 1.9 engine in it, even exists.
    3 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I just drove Vista D90 ZX.

It was brand new car with 538km on odo.

The power delivery was excellent however the plastic quality (has slightly big grains) was not upto the mark. The suspension setup is stiffer than normal Vista but yes it still soft and does not inspire confidence around the corner. Steering feedback is not upto the mark. ZX trim has 14" 175/65 tyres.

Vista D90 onroad prices Pune are below. Looking at price it is better to buy Vista D90 instead of Swift. (my personal opinion)

Vista VX Quadra 90 Rs. 687309
    Vista VX Quadra 90 Black Roof Rs. 687309
    Vista ZX Quadra 90 Rs 779270

What do you think about D90 :confused.

Also got to know that Vista Saffire is not available readily and need to wait for more 60 days as it is make to order. :confused:
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    @ kedar, how were the brakes? Its definitely priced aggresively
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Break performance was quite good but 14" 175 section tyre & softer suspension will give you bit scary experience at high speed and sudden breaking.
    1 person likes this.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Kedar -
    Comparing with the old gen Vista, the interiors are much better, but still, there is much room for improvement. Vista was never and will never be a corner carver – Vista is a family hatch, with decent enough handling. I think if they made the suspension any stiffer, they would have lost the USP of vista - the back seat comfort.
    If I was in the market for a vista today, I would have picked this up over the other variants.

I too agree with you – I would go for a Vista over a Swift \ I20, any day of the week.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes Anoop thats true but I am reading everywhere that to handle power of 90HP VGT MJD Engine they tuned the suspension.

The car is value for money and features list is endless.
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Kedar - yes, they have replaced some rubber components and have made it stiffer than the Vista 75, but instead of going for outright handling, they have stuck to a middle ground to give better handling than 75, albeit a marginally stiffer ride.
  8. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Happened to see a vista D90 when I had been to the Fortune motors sakinaka a few days back, I must say having had an indica prior to the linea Tatas have made a lot of progress, Leaving aside the fact that its powered by a fiat motor.. Its a decent, feature packed car. But somehow it doesn't even come anywhere close to the finesse of a Punto. Probably it never will. But it sure looks to be a good attempt. And will attract buyers who buy cars for features and not driveability.