1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tata Vista Quadrajet 90 goes on sale

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by shams, Dec 7, 2012.

1. pramod

pramod Timido

Hyderabad
    Tata's copied even follow me headlamps and showcasing in their websites..what fiat is still doing..is tatas extracting all the juice from fiat before they separate?
  2. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OT. @Jayadev, Even though the people loved safari, the DiCOR engine is a real flop engine from TATA. They are enhancing it still but a failure engine is a failure only. You can see the details in Wiki.

A big fun part in Wiki about the DiCOR engine from wiki excerpt: With respect to its power and handling, British television program "Fifth Gear" referred to the Safari as having "about as much finesse as a three-legged giraffe" :evilsmile :lol:

In D90, adjustable instrument panel lights, the rear wiper function too copied from Fiat (automatically starts when the reverse gear is engaged). But they missed the door ajar warning; warning is only for the driver side door.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    When i had visited the TATA showroom looking for punto at one point Vista higher version costing almost the Active version of FIAT but immediately dropped it because of its cheap build and quality..

It looks like you get more features for less in TATA everything is more.. an detailed outlook reveals you are paying way more for a tin box nothing else..
  4. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

Bangalore
    Apart from that, I believe it is in this forum only, someone mentioned that, parachute must be used in the boot for stopping (for its pathetic braking) the Vista with the heart of 90BHP. Well, the add of D90 shows a parachute being used. May be used to show that they have used it for flying, I was thinking what a coincidence. :)
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    LOL.

Remember the old Action shoes ad. Car brakes fail and everyone uses Action shoes to stop the car. I guess TATA should give a pair of Action shoes to every D90 customer.

Oh well, here we go bashing the Indica again....
    1 person likes this.
  6. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

IIRC even the Ford Fusion's ad used a parachute. Another instance of copying.
  7. hpmadan

hpmadan Timido

Bangalore
    Comparison with TATA and Fiat is liking comparing a UKG boy (vista) with a Engineering Student (off course punto with lot of technology) there is no comparision at all...TATA are customer specific and had released a new Taxi 90 for customers who want to reach early to the destination eg: airtport, railway station ...so that they cant miss there flight...lol
    1 person likes this.
  8. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Todays manorama contains half page advts of D90!!... its not just normal advts but like an article explains qualities and new features of D90.. They even claim abt build quality!!. let's see how D90 performs in the market..
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why the hell they have branded this as D90? They never find a name on their own. :chair:

When ever I see this, I always interpret this with Nikon D90. :D
    1 person likes this.
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

I, for one, welcome this move from Tata. Vista has almost all what an average customer is looking for - features, space and reasonable build quality. If TATA is ready to give a better engine, re designed dashboard, full-fledged MID and better suspension rubber components with a very minimal price hike, what is wrong in that? TATA have priced the car very sensibly – the car is within reach of most of the customers who is planning to buy a Vista 75 HP, so chances to him \ her upgrading to D 90 is high.

Let us face it - Fiat is a niche player and is not for masses. Fiat makes cars for enthusiasts like us, who will not buy any other car. But not everyone who buy a car is an enthusiast. Vista is not that bad a handler which cannot accommodate a 90 hp engine - 90 hp is nowhere near a real hot hatch territory. II am sure, with the upgraded suspension components, D90 Vista will be able to handle the power better than Vista 75. This upgrade on suspension components will give some boost to the breaking performance also.

What TATA is doing is to taking this gem of an engine to masses - what is wrong in that? People who want to buy Punto 90 hp are not going to buy a Vista just because both cars have the same engine. Swift and Vista have the same engine, but still, we did buy our Punto 75 hp, right? For a guy who plans to buy a Vista, a Vista D90 makes a strong case. I sincerely wish D90 will meet with good success.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    7 people like this.