1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tata Vista Quadrajet 90 goes on sale

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by shams, Dec 7, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I remembered that because I bought my Palio Stile SLX 1.1 in Dec 2007 and most of my friends would not understand this:

1. Why would I want to buy a FIAT?
    2. Even if I wanted to buy a FIAT, why petrol? Especially when diesel launch was round the corner?

What do they know :D :D

Rajan
  2. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    And finally, Vista D90 is out on the road! Feature rich, spacious, and a powerful diesel heart, gives Vista D90 to dethrone the segment leader Ford Figo!

Awesome pricing of the variants, definitely make D90 a great package! Definitely VFM! Must agree, though i hate TATA to the core, they have really worked on all possibilities. Kudos to TATA!

As the reviews start pouring in, Vista D90 is now much more stable at high speeds, but still not a good handler. But, to a common man, I strongly feel Vista D90 should meet all the requirements.

Tata Vista D90 Test Drive Review | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Tata Vista D90 review, test drive | Review | Autocar India

Lets see, how Vista's sales goes on, in the forthcoming month. I just have a strong feeling that sales of 90hp Punto is going to get a huge dent! :(
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Tata Indica Vista D90 launched @ 5.99L

Tata Motors launched a more powerful diesel version of the Vista hatchback. The new model called the Indica Vista D90 is powered by 1.3-litre turbocharged multijet diesel engine producing 90bhp and 200Nm of torque.

This model has a Variable Geometry Turbo (VGT) with the exact same configuration that powers the Maruti Suzuki SX4 & Ertiga, Tata Manza and the Fiat Linea. Tata is not the first to use this engine in a hatchback, Fiat already offers the 90bhp Punto Sports diesel model

The hatchback will be offered with a sporty black top, irrespective of the body colour and variant. The alloy-wheels on the D90 top-end will also be different and there is a small 90 badge on the boot of the car. The most noticeable change inside is to the instrument cluster. The entire console that was earlier positioned in the middle between the driver and co-driver seat has now been moved back to the more conventional location behind the steering wheel.

The instrument cluster picked from the Manza looks quite classy. The company also offers Italian leather seat covers and leather-wraps for steering wheel, gear-knob and door-inserts on the top-end variants. The Indica Vista has always been one of the most spacious hatchbacks in the country and that will be one of the USPs of this model as well.Tata has retuned the suspension of the D90 to handle more power. The ride is expected to be firmer offering better dynamics at higher speeds.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Now cab drivers are going to drive even faster! :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  5. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

A suggestion to Tata & FIAT: Why not plonk the T-Jet motor in the Indigo CS? :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  6. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Fiat never faces competition from the Indica 90Hp. To be frank fiat has never had to face so because no one really found Fiat as a threat. They have good cars and great engines backed up by pathetic service , sales and down to the drain marketing.

The vista will do good in the market and its made for the cost conscious customer who would be very happy with the engine feel. An average indian does not compare dynamics and handling. They look for mileage, space, looks and power. I think that the indica scores in all those departments. It will surely be a hit.

As far as Fiat is considered they make good money selling engines and with that they sustain in the indian market offering quite a few enthusiasts like us cars. They are very happy with that and will continue to be like that. Why should we be bothered when we have good cars and the exclusivity.
    If other companies know to sell crap cars with fiat engines its like a dog getting pissed off with the full moon and barking in agony... Does the moon really care. :cool:
    1 person likes this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    And the AutoCar review had to say this:

Wonder what they have against FIAT. More VFM than Punto 90 HP? :confused

Rajan
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    How do they refer the car?

Tata Indica Vista Sports ZX+ Quadrajet 90?
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Autocar and almost all others are legendary in saying unintelligible things. They will say what they are told to say. Simples.

The common layman will accept this as the absolute truth and find himself with a car which will start disintegrating within an year or two whereas the Punto carries on and on.

History has a funny way of repeating. The same story was witnessed during the Indica vs Palio days. There was a 1 lakh difference then as well ( in diesels). People bought Indicas and found the car literally turning into a rickety old car within an year or two whereas the Palio guys kept going on and on.

Our Palio D will complete 8 years this August and mechanically it's good for another decade. The only thing slowly killing the old Palios is poor quality aftermarket spares, nothing else.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.