1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tata Vista Quadrajet 90 goes on sale

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by shams, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't understand why would any manufacturer including Tata would launch a product to compete with Punto? I am repeating this again. Fiat cars never been considered as a competition. Also, Vista being compared with the Punto doesn't make any sense to me. Do you also compare Manza with Corolla Diesel too since both have equal power delivery?

Coming back to Vista 90HP, now I doubt if the pricing given by Autocar is true. They say that the Ex-showroom (Mumbai) price for the 90HP ZX variant is 6.63L while the normal 75HP itself cost 7.53L. Let us wait for the official pricing from Tata for the Vista QJD 90. In any case, I would not ever compare Vista with Punto/Polo/Fabia/i20.

I have listed some of the competition for Vista and their Ex-showroom (Mumbai) prices for the top-end Diesel variant.
    Etios Liva GD SP - 6,09,978
    Figo 1.4 TDCI Titanium - 6,29,636
    Vista ZX QJD - 6,53,936
    Ritz ZDI - 6,59,656
    Sail U-VA TCDI LT - 6,94,650
    Swift ZDI - 7,13,434

Here is the pricing for the premium segment cars which I don't ever compare with Vista or any other above.
    Fabia Ambition+ TDI - 6,74,825
    Punto MJD Emotion - 6,87,591
    Polo TDI Highline (2012) - 7,57,059
    Punto Sport - 7,59,410
    i20 Asta CRDI - 7,93,654

Correction. Swift itself was launched in India in 2005 only in Petrol avatar. Swift Diesel debuted in 2007.

Edit:- Did Tata Motors really launched QJD 90? I am not able see any news regarding this variant on the Tata Motors website.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Quote from the zigwheels link:

The real deal – the Swift Sport with the M16A 1.6-litre, 135PS petrol engine – may still not make it here as import duties will make it as expensive as a BMW X1! What you may get instead is a Swift Sport with a 1.4-litre petrol engine from the Ertiga MPV or, if Maruti decides to be more generous, a Swift Sport with a 1.6-litre engine from the SX4.

Rajan
  4. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No worries. At last ABARTH found its way to India:redcar. This beautiful little lady is going to teach a lesson to all overpowered toad and turtle shaped cars acting over smart across the city and highway roads:hit. The only worry is that if maruti replaces sheet metals and fuel tank with aluminium foil to make swift super light to fly in air.:uh
    2 people like this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    We will gain more hatred towards our brand if we dream that way:D
    We should chant "more power with more safety", "higher segment is getting blessed with safe and powerful cars".

I agree with ramjn. If Fiat gives TJet option for Punto with current specifications one can make a honest comparison between the New Mercedes 1.6 direct injection hatch though punto lacks some of the features and the better quality that Mercedes gives at 21-25L price range. The soul of two cars are eligible for comparison. This will highlight how different is Vista/swift from Punto.
    I disagree with i20 in the list:D
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  6. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I wish fiat to bring in Alfas and dodges instead of abarths. Not many peoples are aware of the brand abarth and they think they are the same existing cars with different logo and upgraded engine. people (especially anti fiatians) tend to rate it down. But new fleshed alfas with good brand image can easily compete with higher segments. Not many people know that alfa belongs to fiat.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yeh. I too don't like to. But, it is the most expensive Diesel hatch currently sold in our country. And it has got premium interiors which could put many C/D segment cars to shame. :)
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Wasn't MJD released by fiat in Palio stile. Don't remember the year as wasn't a fiat fan at that time.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Palio Stile Diesel was released in Mar/Apr 2008.

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, You are correct, Palio Multijet launched in 2008.

So the Correction:-
    2007:- MJD released by SUZUKI in India.
    2008:- MJD released by TATA in India & FIAT too.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012