1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tata Vista Quadrajet 90 goes on sale

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by shams, Dec 7, 2012.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Whatever said and done the prices are tempting.

So what is this engine called Q-Jet?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Very unlikely.

The Swift Zdi already costs 8L OTR in Chennai and they are doing very good volume and couldn't meet the demand too. There is no necessity for them to launch a car for enthusiasts.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    how will it stop on the highway!! would require a parachute at the rear... :evilsmile
    7 people like this.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It will become real Jet. I mean it would take off. :evilsmile

Another thought - Why don't Tata think about a Nano Q-Jet. That would be real fun to drive vehicle. :D
    1 person likes this.
  5. After hitting the dog in my last long drive, I decided I shouldn't do high speeds anymore and also let other hatchbacks go past mine, coz my car overtaking all of them has become obvious now a days. But now Punto 90 HP had got a nice contender on highways atleast. Now it is time to show them, BHP alone dosent matter, there is something called Dynamics which also matters the most.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Copy cats,
    FIAT-INDIA just get them out of the House at the earliest.............................
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Surely fun to drive. The front wheels would be up in air half of the time.

But, let's stick to the topic!

Impact on the already meagre Punto sales?
    1 person likes this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    No gurjinder!! nano's engine is at the rear so rear wheel will be in the air.. just imagine what would happen when the turbo kicks in :evilsmile
  9. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

Bangalore
    I see it other way round. Now that Indica comes with 90HP as well, let the people drive both (as long as Fiat is still sold with TATA showrooms), compare how both handle and decide. I am sure, the folks who are neutral to brand will end-up buying Fiat.

Having said that, final decision will always be manipulated by family members, friends, but I don't think they will forget the TD in Punto 90HP even if they buy Indica 90HP. I might be fantasizing or dreaming but a neutral sales adviser will always give both the options. Yes, price point will be a decider but so does the car dynamics.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't see any impact wrt Punto sales. What is there to impact further? Punto has never been considered as a competition from other manufacturers. Those who want to buy a Fiat, they are going to buy it anyway. Vista 90 may help Tata to pitch against Swift on the pricing and say that 'More power More Space less price'.
    1 person likes this.