1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tata - Revotron 1.2 Turbo Engine

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Ravi, Jul 7, 2014.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I second Girish here; apart from engines other component must also be reliable, niggle free too. My MPFI indica's clutch went kaput even before completing 40K where as for our maruti it was still going good with more than 55k on the odometer.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  2. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tata's reliability and service has always been a question. This fact can clearly be noticed from the services we guys get after the Tata-Fiat split up. I bought a safari 2.2 vtt dicor keeping long highway trips in mind and the irony is such, every long trip the safari stays at home and Linea takes the pride, just because of the fact that I do not trust the former to be as reliable as the Fiat.
    As far as the revtron engine is concerned, it has decent chance for success in our market subject to better after sales and affordable spares. There had been a similar hype a couple of years back, when a engine called the T-jet was launched, and we all know what happened to it.
    Indian auto market is unpredictable, where a flimsy tin can quality Honda sells in huge numbers. People buy a compromise vehicle called CUV(Duster, Eco sport) for 13-14 lacs and set their sales charts on fire. Whereas, the ones who really deserve, bite the dust.
    Sorry for being OT, but couldn't resist.
    All the best Tata Motors for such endeavors in future.
    2 people like this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    One question crossed my mind - Did the Tata's get the technology from Fiat T-jet engine?

Also how would this engine be different from the 1.2L Polot GT TSI? Tata's claim to be India's first 1.2L turbo charged petrol engine, is that right?
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    FIAT supplies engines to TATA, to me it looks like FIAT 1.2 Turbo 8v engine packed up with new name or it could be multiair which I doubt.
    They still have 50/50 partnership in Rajangaon plant where FIAT manufactures both engines and cars.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Tata has developed their own engine with technology partners. Nothing to do with FIAT.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am in doubt quality of engine.
    Tata is famous for making noisy engines. It may not refined as FIRE made by FIAT.
  7. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    So, what do we have here is a 1.2 liter petrol engine with a turbo charger which produces 83 Bhp and 140 Nm of torque..!. I wonder what turbocharger is doing there. Isn't a well designed N/A petrol with MPFI should produce close to that power and torque?.
    In Tata motors' favor, good that atleast they are not inert like Fiat while introducing new technology. With the launch of 1.5 TDI engines for Polo, I am not really sure where Fiat stands in terms delivering enthusiast car anymore.
  8. SX4enthusiast

SX4enthusiast Amatore

Hyderabad
    Buddy, that's just similar to the plug and play unit that I used in my SX4.

Thanks,
    -SX4enthusiast.
    1 person likes this.