1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tata Nano owners need inputs on purchasing one

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by harishgayatri, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Guys I already have a punto with me. Hence the 2nd car I want is nano. I have already decided in getting one. As for the safety point of view. I believe we all are equally responsible i.e. driving habits, parking sense, etc...

You don't really know what's going to happen to you when you are on the road, but can only assume the worst. Then why not think something good.

Sent from my iPod touch 4G using Tapatalk
  2. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    My point in support of Nano is, it protects you from rain, hot summer & chilled winter. It can carry 2 adults & 2 kids to the nearby congested market place where Linea or other sedan is a challenge. You can find it easy to park & drive in city by-lanes. With 4 people on board, its more economical than a 2 wheeler & many times safer also.
    Like I never take my Honda Activa on the highway, similarly Nano will always be for a city ride & never go for long drive. For that I use my T-Jet. My wife can take Nano to her office & drop kids to the school, which is more safe when she does it on scooter, also it is better for my Linea.
    9 people like this.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I though your buying decision was due until you come across some suggestions. It's end of the topic then...
    You are right, its all about thinking good or bad, accident doesn't happen until one wants it to. Pls go ahead and be assured of our good wishes.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Do Not worry Harish,and do not bother about what some egocentrics has to say about Nano. I own a Punto 90hp as well as a Nano CX. just returned after after 300km trip .Nano is a very good car 'for'the purpose, exceptionally good for Indian road conditions.

nano.jpg

nano2.jpg
    6 people like this.
  5. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Thanks. Please tell me how was the feel after driving 300kms in that car. Was there any fatigue etc... What was the average it returned?

Sent from my iPod touch 4G using Tapatalk
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    For the money i.e 1.86 lakhs on the road. it is completely a VFM. we dropped Hyundai eon and M800 for Nano.

FE is around 23kmpl on Kerala roads which is 80 percent up/downs and rest small towns. (No flat highways)

I drive Punto and compared to Nano ,Punto feels like sports saloon. :)

About the ride quality Punto is pretty bumpy where as Nano masks the road undulations better for normal rides,.Seats are bit narrow and vertical with high head room which helps in ingress and egress very easy. ladies and aged liked to sit in Nano for the same reason. Punto has more relaxed Sofa ,like a lounge seat.

About the performance as your know Punto can do circles around Nano at any given speed additionally body roll as well as dynamics ; no need to mention,Punto is miles ahead.

Nano can touch 105kmph max and best cruised at 50-70kmph. the best part is with AC and 4 passenger it pulls really well, better than Alto800 and H Eon.

With a very progressive gear shifts,which can bring smile on a regular Punter like me.

Last but not least:-Nano is a safe car for city commutes especially.

Cheers.
    3 people like this.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

People wont really understand the importance of one till they own one,we have it at our place since two years,now,and we had got it just for the heck of it.We didn't really need an extra car,so it joined the garage as a 4th four wheeler,and ever since it has been the family favorite for daily errands,its reasonably peppy in the city,and in fact it reaches 50km/hr much quicker than my Linea without any lag,is extremely maneuverable,and does not need much parking space.Has a chiller of an AC,and is extremely spacious.What else do you need from a car that needs to be driven in a city?And not to mention in 2+ years of ownership only money we have spent on it is on fuel and insurance.
    3 people like this.
  8. A car that runs for 2+years without the need of servicing periodically can really be considered a very good car..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

It has been through 3 services,and 3 oil changes and usual works.
    I didnt pay a penny because it is covered under AMC,i hope that clears your doubt.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Well if not my certainly some mahagurus is already cleared.
    Btw thanks for the info, I was not aware tata had AMC plans for its cars.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.