1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tata Nano owners need inputs on purchasing one

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by harishgayatri, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It's a reported accident obviously, anyways i did inform the buyer to what was destined to be ignored otherwise. Pls continue, i have been pulled into some really nonsense justification. Hope you would analyse safety implications in future at your own, reference is not bad but there is lot more to the world than what it seems. Bye::T!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hey Dear, let not mess it up. There was no reference to you anywhere and lets not share any further wisdom on this. Your success belongs to you and only you are favored. Purpose was just to share safety awareness to a potential buyer in case he didn't consider it earlier. I am out...
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  2. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Hey guys please stop.

All I wanted was some inputs about the car. Not a full scale war. Lets keep this clean shall we?

Sent from my iPod touch 4G using Tapatalk
    5 people like this.
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

If you like it,go for it.
    Its not a bad car as people have portrayed,its a perfect tool for the city,in fact the engine is very peppy in stop and go traffic.
    Go for it,and with AMC,you wont have to spend a penny on it at least for two years apart from insurance and fuel.
    1 person likes this.
  4. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Akshay I hope Tata continues with the 4 year warranty in the CNG model too.

Sent from my iPod touch 4G using Tapatalk
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Not sure about that.
    Check with them if they have 4 years warranty and AMC for the CNG model.
  6. Nano is one heck of a car(I doubt how much men driving it will appreciate their judgment in the long run), forget all crash ratings and stuff, if it is rated 5* in europe do we need to believe it?? No I guess not, a short test drive will give you the idea what this vehicle is meant for.
    Many people like to do the impossible, sometime they get famous or try being one and end up in the hospital.This is no way a highway car(by highway I meant min 200km drive one way), for city driving it is ideal..and yes it a NO--SENSE car..

Few months back I was in a similar dilemma, I had booked a classic 500 but the delivery was expected only after four five months.So decided to have a look at whatevr cars and two wheelers came below 2l.
    Went to Kht to have a look at nano, as soon as I got down from my punto was struggling to find my way in this spacious car.reality dawned into me.(What the heck am I doing in this car?) Took a very short 2 min test drive(another realization, why would I pay 2l+ to move around the city in a not so fast vehicle.The feel good factor was totally absent for me.

Buddy it seems you are very much inclined in buying nano,if it fits your requirement go for it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I had test driven Nano few days back at Aadya motors. I would say if you really are too tight on budget then that's the car but if you can flex a bit, you have other better options too which give you good FE and are pretty low on maintenance.

All the while I was in the a Nano, I never felt as if I am sitting in a car or driving a car.

I don't know much about innovations that were put in by Tata neither I felt the engine was worth any appreciation. It more seemed like a Bajaj/TVS 4 stroke auto rickshaw's engine.

Sadly Maruti 800 has been stopped and you get alto 800 which is a bit costlier, else Maruti 800 would any day be preferred over Nano. (After having driven my Dad's Maruti 800 I can confidently say that).

Those were strictly my opinions or rather impression that Nano left on me, but ultimately you are the one who has to choose what you need.

Good Luck :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

This is what I call "Safety", FIAT 500's roof can withstand a weight of 6 Tons (6.16 times of its own weight!). That's what impact beam frame does and this is what it takes to survive when it collides in a bigger vehicle. Let me explain it in more traditional way, world is not what it seems..

"You can put a TATA TIPPER on roof of a FIAT 500, still can open it's window, sit inside it, switch on the AC, hear the music and even sleep!
    ".

Linea has done it already... i have posted pics last yr. when another troll was argumenting on FIAT's safety.

2012 Fiat 500 Earns IIHS Top Safety Pick - KickingTires

Some gentleman was comparing "Nono" with "FIAT 500" and calling Nono, the pride of India (if FIAT 500 is pride of Italy). Lets put a Tata Tipper on Nono's roof and see what happens:evilsmile. I can understand it's low cost but it is still 2,00,000, it's not for peanuts, certainly not for me.

Why Tata would use any innovation in Rs. 2 Lacs car when they didn't do it in an Indigo Vista? A clear spoken is always opposed and trolled, but truth stays in face. Every car is collapsible is no excuse to buy most unsafe car, that just justifying to yourself for whatever amount you have wasted. I would take a Bus or even prefer to walk than a Nano, strictly my view though.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Lol! You are right, it was an obligation to let know the buyer about a fact which is ignored otherwise. If some still wants to go for it... Pls go ahead.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

People also talking things like "City Drive" and "Highway drive":-D. That's the term that suites European and Americans than an Indian. They have different categories of roads. In India, City roads here are filled with no less dangers than highway. That's just another excuse of diluting the safety issue.
    1 person likes this.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    In that crash photo MR ENKI, where is the pole, NANO has become the pole ;-)
    Anyway i feel this is getting into the relm of keyboard warriors .
    Although I fully agree with ENKI the final choice is yours buddy.
    Just because there is information on the web and just because we read a few lines lets not claim that its fully mastered . (in response to the NCAP ratings).

Finally though my opinions.
    A car is as much about style, comfort, privacy as it is about being safe for its passengers and i'm sorry NANO just not fit the bill.
    Coming to the budget aspect, Like i said if your really budget conscious, then my friend you dont need to go in for a NANO (for whatever + points it might have).
    Buy a 2nd hand FIAT,
    In this forum only we have seen a few lineas for under 3 lakhs.
    If i were you I would pick up the linea/punto/polo if i could afford it or else not buy anything at all . I'm not ready to put my people at risk with such eye candy machines.

If i have surplus money then it would be the VOLVO hands down and i wouldn't think of anything else. (may be BMW but that's it)
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.