1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tata Nano owners need inputs on purchasing one

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by harishgayatri, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Hi,

I have been thinking of getting a second car for City(occasionally for long drives) driving for quite a time. I have shortlisted Tata Nano from the Value for Money,head ache free maintenance, low running cost, easy to drive, Spacious feel nnd good legroom.

Recently Tata has updated Nano with the 2013 editions and even better with a CNG variant which caught my eye.

I am looking to book the CNG variant during the time of November 2013. Hence I wanted some inputs from people who own a Nano here.

Please feel free to comment.
  2. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    I bought a Nano Special edition in Feb this year, for the exact reasons you mentioned here- ease of city driving,easy parking, very very easy handling and good FE,coupled with almost negligible maintenance cost, and I must say,I am very very happy by my choice!:)

The car also did 4 long drives during this period,with no less than 5 adults seated,and the drive was really smooth,no one feeling cramped for space!

IMO, dont hesitate, go for it if you really want no-frills car,as Nano is in a league of its own.. just like Linea!!:D
    3 people like this.
  3. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    I drove my uncles Nano in Nagpur city traffic for 2-3 days. I was quite impressed with the car, if one is using for what it is made for. Just do city commute from point A to point B. I am thinking of get one for my wife. Only thing I didn't like was too much NVH level & missing power steering. Else it is the best for rutine city ride. AC was super cool. I'm waiting for diesel version to arrive & see how it works.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Well Sir, no offence but never liked NONO, pls don't bother because it's totally subjective. Engine sounds like an autorickshaw, gives a diarrohea if keep staring at NONO's rear for 10 secs:| and above all, doesn't it feel embarrasing lifting the bonnet to get it filled at fuel stations? Safety aspects are zero and one has to use binoculars to know whether it's coming or going.

It's complete wastage of whatever it costs. Buy an Alto, it's way way better proposition.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  5. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Enki, Actually the safety is better than going on Alto. I had Alto for 4 years before I got the Punto. It was a fun to drive car but a very cramped vehicle for seating 4 adults.

No offense meant here, My query is when you travel in an Auto-rickshaw do you get the diarrohea feeling at that time too. Actually Auto rickshaw is more noisy and less safe, still people travel in that. There are only 2 two cylinder vehicles that I know of. Fiat 500 & the Tata Nano. If you look at the Fiat 500 Twin air that makes some noise too.

Tata Nano is the most fantastic package deal when it comes to owning a new low cost car. Tata has been listening to the customers feedback and 2013 edition is the result of that.

In the end I am happy with their innovation and engineering.
    3 people like this.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Dude stop posting just for the heck of posting.
    Your post has zero technical content to support your view,and you sound like a troll.
  7. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Don't expect a full fledged car performance from Nano. It was conceptualized as a small city car, substituting 2 wheeler. Its a mistake on its owner part if they use Nano for highway drive, which it never meant for.
    For whatever drawbacks Nano have, it still one of the most practical car in present city traffic condition in India. I wish TATA improve the NVH level in Nano. Its almost 10 times safer than a bike or a scooter.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Stop quoting my posts pls... who ever you are. Thanks!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Dear, Sure, if you think 500 and Nono are comparable in any sense, nano must be a terrific vehicle. There is no innovation in nano. They have simply fitted a 3-wheeler's engine. 500 is a completely different vehicle, Abarth model beats Subaru Impreza, Civic Type R and many roadster of aston-martin on top gear test tracks. It's far more than a "A+/B Segment car", it's about nothing but Automotive technology and fun at it's best. It's dream of every manufacturer and pride of italy after Ferrari and Alfa Romeo. You surely must be knowing a lot about Nano than me but you need to research more on FIAT 500. It's loved all over the world and is an icon of worth a brand, just like mini cooper, it's true competitor. Lets leave 500/mini cooper/beetle out of this. Understand your emotions but Nano is not a 500;)
  9. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Nano is built for a purpose and it serves its purpose well. Go for it. It is there in the market for quite some time and you can get detailed reviews in various forums.
  10. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    Dear ENKI, do you own Nano? Have you driven Nano for a long period of time? actually, have you ever been inside it? How can you make such baseless allegations? Nano is far more spacious than Alto,eon or even spark. As for the rear looks, well looks are subjective,aren't they?Agreed NVH levels are a bit on higher side,but we have to take that in our stride!

Secondly,how can you say there is no innovation in Nano? Open your eyes to the world dude! Every auto company in the world is taking note of Nano and its technology,and are researching their own products to atleast try and match that level! And to say Nano is fitted with 3 wheeler engine?Speechless dude Speechless!

Agreed Fiat 500 is pride of Italy,but is Nano not pride of India? Again I would suggest you to go through news!
    You show me any 4 wheeler in the world in sub 2 lac section with the amenities and technology that Nano offers and then you'll know why I said that Nano is in a league of its own!
    It has suffered due to negative publicity just like our very dear Fiat cars have..

I bought Nano for my wife,and it has already run around 6000 kms in 5 months with FE of 23 and NO MAINTENANCE REQUIRED WHATSOEVER!

Finally,this post is meant just to shade light on hidden/ignored facts and not against anyone!
    5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.