1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TATA-FIAT JV FACES MOUNTING LOSSES

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    as VP and Amogh stated its no alarming now.. But they should start thinking of more utilization of their high invested plant by pushing more sales and exports as well..To push sales Fiat should atleast start working on their marketing strategy.
  2. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Today received SMS from Coimbatore distributor of Fiat - Tafe Acess as follows.

TAFE CBE celebrates its 4 year association with Fiat. Just refer your friends/relatives for a Fiat car & get a GIFT CHQ. of Rs. 7,500.00. Terms & Conditions apply.

So finally TATA has started to act upon for selling Fiat cars.
  3. ind_madhu

ind_madhu

Bangalore
    All,

This is my first post in this forum. Some of the concerns raised here regarding the TATA-FIAT parting ways caught my attention. This thought did cross my mind even before I planned to buy and so I emailed to FIAT India CEO Corner expressing my concerns and below is the reply. I am copying the email and hope its not against the forum rules.

Dear Mr. Madhusudhan,

Thank you for writing to us about your query.

This is in reference to the email received on the CEO Corner.

Thank you for showing your interest in Fiat Punto.

Fiat along with Tata Motors has made huge investment at Ranjangaon to produce both Tata as well as Fiat cars. The investment (as reported in many newspapers also) is over Rs 4000Cr. This shows Fiat’s intent to be a long term player in the Indian market. Similarly huge investments have been made into upgrading the current Tata Motors network facilities across the country to support the joint sales effort.
    With such huge investments & long term commitment, the possibility of product discontinuation is as good as ruled out. In the past one year Fiat has already launched 3 new models - Fiat 500, Fiat Linea & Fiat Punto.
    Tata Motors is equal partner in business & also the sole distributor for Fiat products in India , therefore is under an obligation to service Fiat products with technical support from Fiat Italy .
    Best Regards,

CEO Office.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 12:54 AM
    To: info
    Subject: CEO Corner Comment
    Importance: High

Hi,

You have received a comment on CEO corner. Please find below the details:

Name: Madhusudhan Chintamani
    Email:
    Contact No:
    Comment: Dear Rajeev, Congratulations on FIAT crossing sales milestones with PUNTO and LINEA.I am a big fan of FIAT cars and its heartening to see fiat coming with great cars. I am planning to buy a FIAT punto but there are few thoughts that is still lingering. #1. What is FIAT's plan if FIAT and TATA part ways, just like M&M and Renault are heading now. #2. Does all TATA service centers handle FIAT cars or is it only few? Thanks in advance and hope to see your reply. Regards, Madhusudhan Chintamani

Thank you.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good that you asked CEO about this and great that they replied.
    As earlier quoted
    , nothing to worry on financial terms.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    But still the numbers are -ve.. Its high time they start working on getting independent for after sales atleast... its creating a havoc on peoples mind for FIAT after sales..Thats one reason for the dip in sales too
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.