1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tata - Fiat Dealers, are they Afraid of Fiat Management?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by rakesh8051, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Hi,

We all know TATA - Fiat JV & there 50:50 ratio

Found lot of threads and post reply regarding poor service from TASC, not keeping spares to feed instant service. least worried for Fiat Cars sales as well as service.

Like other car manufactures, say "obvious yaar" Maruti will be 1st, Hyundai, Mahindra, Toyota etc, the dealers are very much afraid from there company managements.

If customer approach above listed manufactures complaining poor service / response from the dealers, company management do "screw tight" of dealers, thus automatic customer get proper service at his satisfactions. Dealers are least worried about warranty on such cases, and offering there excellent support out of warranty. They changed not necessary parts in warranty to save there neck from company management sword.

Is same happens with Fiat dealers ?

Fiat managements have such power to do "screw .. " ?

Here my views:

I don't know the deep information about JV and without reading JV details I don't want to blame directly on TATA

Tata - Fiat dealers are originally Tata Dealers, Tata offered one more product range called : Fiat.

Its dealer wish, if they want to promote Fiat products or not, like " बीके तो बेच लेना" :D

Being Fiat managements not having powers to control dealers, dealers are least worried and making jokes on Fiat management.

Fiat managements showing there "खाज" in billing through accounts and not offering credit, seeking the amount advance, not settle warranty claims promptly, arguing with the dealers etc.

Thus dealers are least worried to promote Fiat products, example Concord Motors all over India not treating well for Fiat Products, They don't have fear of dealership risk because TATA have stake in Concord Motors.

Now its your views please ..
  2. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    If this is true its really a sad thing.

However aren't the dealers aware and worried about the feedback calls and subsequent action of tightening the screws (if at all) when feedback is bad? I do believe that by giving a strong feedback Fiat does contact dealership to sort the issues.

In my case once I gave a feedback and after a week the dealer called me to fix the issue.

Having said that, theres still loooots of room for improvement for these lousy Tata dealers.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    rakesh8051 - There is nothing like what you've written at the service center where I'm getting my car serviced. In fact I've been treated with utmost care whenever I've visited them. Also they are very much afraid on the feedback you provide them, One bad rating can screw them up. I had a bad experience with two of the dealers during a RSA call and next thing I did was to write to the customer care, I had received a call from both the dealers promptly apologizing and offering to get the car checked ASAP. This has happened with Concorde as well, So I don't buy you claim of Concorde not being afraid of Fiat etc.
  4. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Actually, even I, being a fiat customer, always treated royally when visiting TASC. They take outmost care in communicating and treating a fiat customer.

At times I have given some strong feedbacks about TASC to Fiat Service Calls and guess what the very next day I used to get calls from the SC to *IMMEDIATELY* get my car to them and get my issue resolved (although I never gave them anything immediately :p).

I gues FIAT does seems to have power to screw the dealers in TATA-FIAT JV.
  5. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    On other note, I also have similar experience when buying my car from Concorde dealership. They were on toes all the time and listening to my every concern and query. In fact, few weeks after buying car, I also got call from Fiat Customer Care to figure out my buying experience.

+10 to FIAT for this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I have had good experience all along with Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle/Mysore Road, Bangalore.:) I have found a vast difference between the second servicing and the third servicing of my Linea. They are following our ownership threads in various automobile fora and take our feedback very seriously.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No offense but I have heard that you talk a lot about Maruti cars during FIAT meets in Hyderabad.

Allow me to give my 50 cents on "obvious yaar maruti will be first" and CEO follow ups:
    - No offense but this is a second lame thread you have started.

Why am I being rude?
    - Check out Ravi's experience with Concorde motors and of a few others who visit and trust concorde. Such generalization is not a good thing.

I am a Maruti owner for more than a decade. I have seen how much they care. All the 3 issues that crept up in the car as a result of manufacturing defect (water seepage from road into the cabin, crack in speedo cluster glass since delivery and non-functional intermittent wiper switch) were never corrected by the MASC.

Only advantage of owning a car from maruti stable is that one can get it serviced or repaired even in the remotest of places. Moreover you can find third party spares as well.

And where are your examples where the GM or CEO or someone from top management of any other brand replied to your mails personally?

Edit- Add J Ravi sir to the list of Happy Concorde customers as well.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Usually 2-3 days after I get my car serviced, I get a call from Concorde/KHT checking whether I am happy with the quality of work carried out. This usually happens before the FIAT Pune call happens. If I say that I am not happy with the quality of work, the immediate response is "bring the car to the SC immediately, we will resolve the issues if any".
    My experience with the SCs in Bangalore in general has been good in the last two years.

Service centers have improved over time because of several resons. One is the direct check that FIAT does with the customers, and another reason is that if a dealer gives bad service, the customers describe their experience on all the automotive forums, and even in email forwards. The damage these emails and internet content can do to the SCs is huge. You can see people like adit from KHT directly to addressing cutomer issues on TFI!
    Most importantly, no SCs will want to gain a bad name for poor service.
  9. Paddleshifter ji.

Its obvious because in India Maruti sells more number of cars than any other. All know, the products is not upto the mark, but still selling more.

Bhaiya, I agreed about Ravi Ji Car and there feedback about Concord motor experience.

But mean while pl see the Jayadev post one by one.

Even you can find lots of thread in the same forum about service concern from TASC. If I say, due to spare problem, than one suggest, I got all the spares on time.

But fact showing in sales figures.

So my thread is to inquire the root problem, and if require we can do a bit to improve.

If problem in not at Products, than it must be in dealer, who is promoting if dealer is right, than must be in the company management, If management doing wonderful than ... H.O. ... than...

So what you did your self personally to save the brand. I did my bit long back and I got proper reply from Fiat HO in writing.

Thus i booked Fiat Palio MJD SDX, around 45 days back at concord motors.

All the best.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    dealers are not indifferent to fiat .
    this is from a tata fiat employ:-
    a sales officer gets rs.2000 per sale from tata no matter if it is punto or vista. (rs.500 for nano) . tata customers are easy ,less questioning and looking for efficiency and space.
    where as fiat buyers, most of them are almost like geeks (most of them talk about internet forums). 80 percent of fiat buyers are those who have owned fiat previously . most of them likes the look of palio better than present punto .(presently having two palio order one is a Doctor and other is a govt officer.) most of the client drop off linea di and punto 90hp because it is not enough powerful in TD almost all express the dissatisfaction. those who prefer a good solid car ,only those people will not look elsewhere else . a fiat buyer will never go for tata car (never happened yet) but sometime those who dont know much about tata fiat came for linea and have opted tata manza due to vfm.some of them find tata manza much more pleasing than linea lookwise and TD wise.

end of the day fiat remains at loss.!!

rakesh8051,

my case is like 50:50.
    i was informed before hand that it would take 1 month to finish the job. so 15 of july is the last day( when my patience run out). i am praying they don't goof up.

other than that i had nice experience for FASS from KVR dream vehicle kannur (tatafiat dealer in my hometown) i have heard people saying kvr serves better than any maruthi or hyundai dealers kannur.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2011