1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TATA brings Vista 90 HP QJet to further dent the Punto 90 HP MJD

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by srida, May 30, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Bhai saab, try to wish about 1.6 MJD Linea too. Let us see if that also get fulfilled or not.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  2. Body roll of Vista is very evident. Changing lanes on a highway at 70 or 80 + was scary. I TDed Vista and Punto Back to Back. Space , Ride and VFM are the main strength of vista. I felt Vista's ride to be little better then punto on really bad roads. If they bring the car with better suspension then it might be better.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    WTF Vista 90HP :-( no way.
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

hmm , I wish to discontinue that JV too. I dont want to see Tata share 1.6MJD with Fiat..
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

What's with the overdose of Red on the Indika. Seems like Dracula's car. Looks gross.

Sad part is that now people will compare 90hp to Indika 90hp. And say it's a TATA so it's better.
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Let us all pray & hope that Maruti does not launch the Swift 90bhp diesel. The Vista is not known as a driver's car or a car with good dynamics, the Swift though, is, many widely believe the 75bhp Swift is way more fun to drive then the Punto 75. It will be no different with the Swift 90 but it's the Swift 90 that can damage the Punto 90 much more then Vista ever can.
  7. Having owned a Swift with a Pete's Box and assuming that it delivers the claimed 90Hp power, it sure was awesome fun. Add to that 195/50/R15 Michelin PP2 tyres, she begged to be thrown around corners and behaved extremely well even with too much of abuse. Swift in my opinion is a worthy car to get the 90 hp motor,if at all they plan to do so.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

@Bhai, if the tuning of the mjd is bad and not to your liking, you have all options of retuning or remapping as it is available now and you will be an ideal candidate for @drifter or Kiirus. You can happily write down the state of tune you want . It will be interesting if you will do that and share with us the experience. Ofcourse all the effort will cone to naught if the fuel is bad !

9. sungoa2010

I don't think that Swift need a 90HP motor. It has more than enough power with FGT. No swift owner will complaint about need for power.
    Regarding cornering is it just the tyres that swift lacks? I think it is not. Swift is definitely a good car. I don't think swift and Vista are cars that is advisable for 150+ speeds(I am not telling that they will not but they cannot give the safety that a Punto or Fabia gives). So maruti being wise will not bring 90HP on swift. Tata may bring it just to show that it doesn't lack any where behind fiat.::D
  10. Have you used a Swift extensively that you reached such a conclusion ?
    Whatever I said is based on my personal experience of using one for 3 years/90k Kms. Also honestly, 90 hp isn't exactly 'huge' power even if its coming out from a boosted motor.I don't think it would be too much of a problem if you have that kinda power in the Swift. Its easily manageable. I do agree that Maruti will not consider launching a 90 Hp Swift, not because they can't but because they don't need to. Even in the 75 FGT avatar, its selling in mind boggling numbers.