1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tata Aria Launch

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by vinay rathore, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey guys just checked out the Aria at Wasan Chembur..

To be honest i was stunned to see the finishing of this car
    The finishing of the car was top class... The interiors were great to feel and look and seats very comfy..
    I felt like i am inside a dream car... its got everything... but i doubt whether an Indian would shell out that 15lacks plus money on a tata product...
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I had a chance to check out the Aria today at Mohandas Motors and frankly I was surprised. I never liked the frontal look of the Aria in pictures, but seeing it in steel and rubber right in front of me, it was altogether different.
    The interior fit and finish too was good. I am not going to talk about the feature list. It would easily put to shame some things from the 20-25lakh range.
    +1
    If I have the money and looking for a vehicle in this class : Yes.
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have seen a Manza which is less than a year old and looks older than 3-4 years. I am still not convinced about the longevity of Tata cars. I would rather wait for someone to take the risk and watch him closely and find out how the car is after say 2 years and 50k km. Of all the current market players Tatas have improved exponentially, hats-off to Tata Motors for that, but there are areas which needs more improvement.

:eek:fftopic
    Sometime back I met a person who does engine overhauling for some major service centres in Kerala. He is kind of a person who gets invited by Suzukis and Tatas for important talks. His experience is Indica diesels are the most inconsistent lot. Some need overhaul below 40k km, some goes beyond 1lakh without any issues. Of all Qualis is the best performer, never seen an overhaul below 1.5lakhs. he attended a talk conducted by Suzuki long time back when the engine life for Maruti 800 was quoted at 50lakhs!!. Now who is going to use it till then I don't know.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    There are two things going against Aria as I see it.

1. The image of TATA as a low cost / cheap car maker.
    2. The market does not fully understand or value the gadgetry in Aria.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'll probably drive the Aria today as the TD car is available at wasan...