1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tata Aria Launch

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by vinay rathore, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

2. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Just checked out the site for the specs..
    Gotta admit the car is really well engineered... did see some comfort hints been taken from the european market (land rover) and applied it really well.. for the Smarter Indian customers.. ::T

I love it... a really better buy than the Innova... If that's its competition.. Wont impress the tight budget conscious buyers.. much.
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hahaha.. my dad is very eager for the Aria launch... :)
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I wonder if people would spend Rs.15 lakhs on an Indian car,that too a TATA.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Majority won't !!

Tata's hope there are some out there who put faith into the product and the company.

The car is expensive indeed. Is it value for money ? For me : Yes. Will I buy it ? If I have the money : Yes.

Which makes me say : Some knowledgeable auto expert thinks the following features (that are present in the Aria) can be fitted in an accessory store :

Curtain (side) air bags
    Climate control
    4WD
    Dash in-built navigation
    ESP + Traction control
    All four disc brakes
    Cruise control
    Auto head lamps
    Auto wipers

I am sending my Innova to an accessory shop to get the above fittings. My Innova will then be a direct competitor to the Aria !! :dancing
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree with amogh.

Currently there are no vehicle in Aria segment and Tata expects to create a new segment with Aria's launch.
    You can't compare Innova with Aria, Aria is way ahead of that. And Tata's pricing always has been perfect. VFM is always confusing word, and specially very true with Aria.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would like to add my 2cents. ::V

Aria vs Fortuner

Aria costs around ~4lacs less than Toyota Fortuner though Aria packs so many features. I would fall asleep while counting them. You can't count them all.

People at Tbhp are calling it over-priced but I think for the equipment list, one should be happy even if it costs Rs20lacs.

BUT, Consider this. Anyone who pays 17+lacs on Aria would be interested in Toyota Fortuner too, wouldn't he.

Don't you guys admit that Fortuner looks a lot more Macho and has much much better road presence (No doubt it even outsold many Rs6lac cars as per Sept2010 figures).

A person like me, who gives a lot of weight-age to looks may prefer to delay his car buying, raise his budget and opt for Toyota Fortuner instead.

Lets see how do they look when compared side by side.
  8. It's the same case as with Linea. If it was Honda/Suzuki Linea sales would have touch 8K+ per month.Brand name matters a lot in Indian market. I wish TATA all the best in it's Endeavour(pun intended) :mrgreen: . TATA would have done lot of market study before packing ARIA with features and associated price tag.Lets wait and watch how first Indian crossover performes
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :mrgreen: lol.
    I wasn't comparing Toyota's reputation with TATA. Actually, Aria would be having lower maintenance cost than Toyota Fortuner.

I wasd talking of looks and exterior design. I think Fortuner still rules in the looks department.