1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Taming 100 Horses

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by chethansgangoor, Jan 22, 2013.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Fabulous. The 1.6 is an epic car.

And only 42k on the odo! Does the service record of the car show a timing belt change? I would get it done just going by the number of years, if not the mileage on the odometer.

Cheers.
  2. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Bangalore
    This was always my dream car. Congrats!!
  3. RKK

RKK Amatore

Mumbai
    Congrats chetan. Seriously handsome Car. Even today Palio 1.6 is amongst best looking hatches.
    1 person likes this.
  4. All credits should go to Melson, he has really taken care of her in the very best way possible. Awesome Melson :), keeping owners manual in car tells a lot about your love to it :).

The car belongs to my brother. Here are few things i Observed in this car.

1. Quality of Plastics and switchgear is much much better than Punto - May be because they are TATA made that are in Punto now.
    2. Steering is heavier than Punto 1.3
    3. Clutch seems little heavy.
    4. Throttle response is phew.. cannot be explained in words :)
    5. Breaks are not adequate.. Punto seemed to excel in this department.

All opinions above are personal :)

The timing belt seems be changed already. The old belt was in boot.

Phase1:

The car was given for full service to TASS, which included replacement of:

1. Engine Oil
    2. Brake oil
    3. Power Steering oil
    4. Transmission Oil
    5. Coolant
    6. One headlight bulb
    7. Brake discs and brake pads
    8. Drum brake shoes
    9. Front and Rear wipers
    10. All Spark plugs
    11. One of the AC outer panel was broken, got it replaced.
    12. Wheel bolts
    13. Engine Oil filter
    14. Fuel filter
    15. Air filter
    16. Windscreen washer

Not that all these were required, just that we did not want to visit TASS frequently. These replacements other than, Engine oil etc which are normal for

6 months, are not required required for next two years.

total was 15,000 INR.

Phase 2:

Exterior:

Paint: Total cost 5000

Car was given for painting both bumpers which had minor scrathes and hatch door which had rust building up on it. Paint Job took two full days and the Out come can be seen in pictures.

along with this, the mirrors were painted in shiny black and fog lamp holders changed to black color.

Number Plates and Vinyling the TOP: Total Cost 2000

Number plates changed to IND plates and the top is now in shiny black with vinyl sticker.

Badges:Total Cost 1000 Rs

Front Fiat Logo on the grill was replaced with a brand new one.
    Also got new badges for the hatch, only the F/I/A/T logo could not be found in mysore :(

Phase 3:

Visiting Pensee this weekend to get all leather seats, new leather for gear boot, knob and steering wheel. Also door pads will get a leather treatment. Planning for full black leather with red stitching.

Phase 4:

3M anti Corrosion treatment planned for next month [Feb]. Need your inputs on it if there are better options.

Phase 5:

ICE project in march.

Phase 6:

Headlight smoking in April

Phase 7:

New Shoes in May

Will keep you posted
    3 people like this.
  5. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Let me congratulate you for owning the most powerful designer hatch. The S10 is just an awesome machine which can really leave the punto to ashes. Its build quality is far superior than today's machines.
    I know this car personally and it has been taken care of well as the previous owner knows how to handle machine. Seeing your project phases i would like to share some inputs based on experience doing the S10. Changing to leather seats would not be a good idea as the S10 sports a LE fabric seat and door pads. A good fabric clean will make it look like new until it has been badly abused.
    While changing the ICE make sure you dont tamper the OE LE stereo as it is an oval cone which many have cut to accommodate the new generation square ones. These things spoil the originality of the car. A collector or restorer preserves the uniqueness retaining maximum OE settings. It could affect the resale once it has been tampered with.

Smoking of headlamps will be a bad idea as the visibility of the car will be a big issue. Also note that the S10 has a blue bulb inside which is a unique product of the S10.

If you need to add frills to your ride try a Free Flow Exhaust and a Performance filter . It will turn your car into a different animal. I would say it is a must for the S10.

As far as brake upgrades you can try slotted rotors which can be done at Redrooster perfomance as the car is not designed to stop.. The brakes play foul with the car.

Well enjoy your ride and keep us updated with the latest moves.
    2 people like this.
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Congrats........ guess the yellow fever spread rapidly with the S.India meet.....
    1 person likes this.
  7. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Palio S10 Brochure

Thought of Sharing S10 Brochure.... :)

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  8. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Yewllow all around ehh.... S10 is a super posession to have :)
    Looking forward to the furture Phase and ofcourse Pics !!
  9. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    The S10 fever has spread around with our South India meet. As to my knowledge 4 cars were purchased outside TFI after seeing the S10 drive pics and videos..
    1 person likes this.
  10. Very True Nimish. There was one S10 in my home town Hassan and i really did not give much attention to it. The owner has sold it at dirt cheap rate. Only after seeing the videos of South India Meet I got so impressed..

Going to visit Red Rooster tomorrow, will keep you updated