1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tablet PC Under Rs 15000

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by prakhar_lfc, Oct 12, 2011.

1. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi All,

I am planning to buy a tablet PC under Rs 15000. I am considering the following:

* Beetel Magiq
    * iBall Slide
    * MSI Enjoy 10
    * Reliance 3G Tab
    * HCL ME AE7-A1

I want the following features: Capacitive touch screen, Wi-Fi, 3G dongle support, fast processor.

Which of these is the best compromise? Also, Do these tabs support Android market?

Are there any other soon to be launched models?
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    The Beetel is a resistive screen
    Reliance is tied to their network so you wont be able to use any other SIM for 3G connection .
    HCL I've read is pretty bad .
    MSI enjoy seems expensive
    iBall seems very very buly , almost as heavy as the stone tablets that cavemen used during evolution of human beings . lol

Check out the reviews of Spice Mi720 tablet, on youtube , which sells for 11990 . I think its out of stock on lets buy . It has pretty impressive specs and is manufactured by ZTE . Once in stock create a account on letsbuy and use the coupon code RCOMLB1 while purchasing the tablet and you will get a 100 Rs discount . And you shall get it for 10990 .

I have been thinking about this tablet for a long time . BUt if you are genuinely interested theres a 3 month old Galxy tab ( gen 1 ) on sale on T-BHP . GTO is selling his tablet , which from the pics looked very very new . Its just 3 months old so it has 9 months warranty left . And he is sellin it for 15000 only . So if you are serious about getting a tablet my first choice would be the samsung tablet from T-BHP and then the spice Mi 720
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Gautam for your review.

Rs 15000 for a Galaxy Tab! That's a mouth watering deal! But will have to register there first, and that's a mammoth task ;) So, will probably buy a new tab.
  4. Thanks Gautam..

pretty cool site.. MI 720 in letsbuy is the cheapest when compared to ebay.in and indiaplaza.com and reviews by 2 customers are also good.

Once in stock, am planning to get this.
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    You have given me a lot to think about :)

Viewsonic is a bit outdated, but Lenovo A1 is much better than others.

But its still not available in India. Website is showing "Available This November" :(
  7. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    DJ.nish : not sure about the ideapad A1 but the other one doesnt have teh ability to make phone calls .

Even the A1 looks the same . I dont think it'll be able to make calls .

But spice has call making ability .
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I was about to pick up the Viewsonic but couldnt due to budget constraints (I bought the TJet+!!!). However, the 10 incher is still one up on the 7 incher Lenovo.
    Sorry, I wasnt aware that you are looking at phone+tab. If that's the case, Samsung Galaxy Tab is your new best friend. But as I always say, let's not mix up things! It's always better to keep a phone separate from a tablet!
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    7 inch is the perfect size based on my experience with a Samsung Galaxy TAB since April this year. Anything less (e.g. 5" Dell Streak) is a bit small and almost of phone category with less pleasure of watching movies and anything bigger (e.g. 10 inch iPAD) can get too bulky. Remember that you will be holding it in your hands so it should be the best of both worlds, size as well as convenience.

On 7", movies look too good and web browsing is convenient too, if you have a Wi-Fi broadband or a 3G SIM.

Only thing lacking in the Galaxy TAB is the USB Port that I sorely miss. Otherwise it is a perfect tool. Moreover, these Indian brands have launched much better budget options and some of them also offer USB Port. :)

If possible, DO NOT BUY a TAB WITHOUT USB port. :oops:
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  10. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Did a "search expidition". The Lenovo dealer is clueless about the A1. MSI and iBall are not available. One dealer showed me the Olive Pad. He claimed "I am using an iPhone, and Olive has the best touch screen after it! :lol

My heart is set on the Lenovo Ideapad A1, has almost everything I want. But the only problem is that it is not available yet.

Why do we have to wait for all good things in life? :sad1