1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Shirt Design Sample

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by amogh, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    A perfect example from what I want

$_57 (1).JPG

$_57 (2).JPG

$_57 (3).JPG

$_57.JPG
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    No matter, what is asked for in terms of T-shirt design or meets or factory visit or emails except for one or two mods there hasn't been any response from anyone what so ever from months.
    Not sure, why requests are ignored, may be a small post to communicate that certain things (Eg T-shirts) are stopped in case there is no more interest or due to other factors which we might not be aware of, will help many folks here and they can at least refrain posting in vain :).
    Off topic the home page too hasn't been changed from about an year and as far as I recall we have the same template there without any noticeable changes, can we assume that the interest towards the forum has taken least priority for some reasons unknown to users like us.

Cheers,
    pradeep.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Pradeep,
    Thank you for being brutally honest and frank in your post. As someone, who has been behind this forum from day one, it is my responsibility to give you an equally honest response.

About the t-shirts: I am still FOR the idea and as I write this I am still speaking to designers. We almost finalised on a design, got samples made and dropped it. The reason? They were not appealing enough. I am tired of people sticking different logos on a t-shirt/shirt and selling it for ridiculous amount of money. The forum's intention here is NOT to make money. Honestly speaking, we can print a few ready made logos on a piece of cloth, add a few extra design bits and start selling a t-shirt. But that is not what we want to do. The t-shirt we want to make has to be something we and the members feel proud of. It has to be a little different, creative and unique. The quality has to be good and it should be a product people should not mind paying their hard earned money for. The sweatshirts we made were really simple with two logos: the name customisation bit was special (which eventually was copied by a few others!). But as far as the t-shirt is concerned: when we have a design we feel has the WOW effect, we will announce. Also, I feel I jumped the gun by trying to take a feedback on the forum. That was a mistake! Hence, now when the design is finalised we will announce it and start accepting orders. It worked for the sweatshirt : I do not see why it will not work for the t-shirt.

About the website: Well, honestly I know it sucks! Even I hate seeing the same links again and again. The problem there is a little technical though. When we re-designed the website we decided to go ahead with a plugin that had a well-defined release plan. As a part of that plan, the home page was supposed to auto update itself by intelligently picking relevant and active discussion topics from the forum. However the release did not go as per plan and things collapsed. For us: we were far too ahead in the integration and it would have been extremely painful (and expensive!) to start from scratch. Right now: what we have is a compromise. The home page can be updated regularly BUT it requires doing changes in the code and there is a huge risk of things breaking down. We are still exploring options to fix though. Having said this, you will be glad to know that we have made significant investments on the infrastructure/server side. We now have an extremely powerful server with RAID-10 SSD storage, continuous backups, high RAM and oodles of bandwidth. So much so that even if the server load goes by 5x of what it is currently, the website will still run fine. We have made significant investments on the infrastructure side. Now that the infrastructure is in place, we will start focusing on improving the user experience.

The interest has not deteriorated. Is there fatigue? Maybe Yes. I will not deny that. I do expect a couple of new initiatives this year and I am hoping they are met with the same enthusiasm as our other initiatives till date have received.

Thank you again for the post and appreciate your honest feedback.

Amogh
  4. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    A well Awaited Reply from a Mod After Long time. Thank You Amogh :)
  5. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM & @amogh, I am really happy to read your posts. This frank and direct approach is what we need everywhere. We all appreciate the efforts put by the team all these year. I have one query / suggestion - as @amogh mentioned about the expenditure - shouldn't we too contribute to it? / We can definitely chip-in a regular contribution to run the forum. I am not aware how these things are maintained though!
    Murphy_Fiat and PradeepM like this.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We used to take contributions but not anymore. The forum has been maintained majorly through personal savings and part through merchandise sales.
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Amogh,

Thank you very much not just for the response, but also for creating this platform (TFI) for us to discuss and learn multiple things.

Iam sure when things are rolled out it would be fabulous.

I beg to differ on this statement. The content on this forum is rich and undoubtedly acts a first reference guide for issues we face. As they say "Rome was not built in a day", so the effort from each one of you and the all members here is evident when ever I browse through multiple threads in case I want to refer to something. Newbies like me are the least contributors in terms of sharing experience, however Iam one of the many who have learnt so much about the car I own from the tons of information we have here.

Maintenance is not a cheap affair and thank you for sharing the activity happening behind the scenes. There is no second thought that TFI is a non commercial forum and hats off to you and the team for pitching in terms of the financial aspect as well in running things to keep the forum live.
    The live updates and feed works perfectly fine on tapatalk and with the world moving to your palm (smartphones) most of the users I suppose are getting the updates.

The easiest thing that can be done is to comment on one's effort (similar to I have done in my previous post) and the hardest thing is to DO something. I would like to use this opportunity and mention that Iam ready to volunteer for any of the initiates that you guys are planning for and I would request you to count me in where ever you feel I can fit in and required.

My intention earlier was not to rant, but to express a few things what I have felt (Thank you for considering it as feedback and I honestly appreciate the gesture) and Iam sorry in case I have hurt anyone feelings which was purely unintentional. Iam definitely looking forward for more connect between us (users) and the team behind the scenes, and I thank you for taking time and responding to me and in one way to all of us here.

TFI has not only given me access to abundant information, but more importantly it connected me to many wonderful people, who stay connected to keep the love alive for the car we own or wanting to own.

Looking forward for the exiting things being planned :).

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  8. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    Hello everyone, good to see @amogh's feedback.

As always @PradeepM has kept the point very well.

I have a small suggestion (if T-shirt's design is a problem), insted of making tshirts we can make badges (embroidered badges of what all designs suits well with TFI) which can be stiched to whatever Polo or a T-shirt one wants.

I agree there will be no uniformity but still we will have unity in diversity.

Also if you guys can check the Shirts provided by Fiat Motto Club (FMC), they look classy and do show Auto enthusiaist in one. Mostly these kind of Shirts are assosiated with racing teams and other Motor Organisations.

Lets keep the thing rolling and see how everyone thinks.

*Off topic but related in a way, Klike FIAT's marketing this group has also slowed down a lot, I suggest its time we get re-mapped and hit the beast mode and plan out something BIG.

Thanks
    Rama and PradeepM like this.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Take your own time
    I am sure that it will really be a big WOw
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai