1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-R-I-P - The Plans and Outcomes

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sathishgv, Oct 3, 2013.

1. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @sathishgv : That photo of the Hiradku Dam is fantastic. Nice to see you exploring places, :happy:.
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you @5u3zEr0. Actually, I learnt afterwards that the photo of the Hirakud dam qualifies for an example of a bad photo :D because there is no differentiation between the water and the sky. Anyway, it was a P&S and it delivered what it is supposed to deliver in the hands of a novice.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    A TRIP was long pending and my travelogue too (whether you people like it or not :vamp:). As TFI made a come back, my T-R-I-P too, sheer coincidence. Due to the arrival of an angel into my family, not able to do long drives, but now she is growing up and my plans for long drives too started to grow.

Recently visited Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary, Jharkand. Actually it was a meet, the first meet, of one of my group, R-O-A-D. It was a Rain Drive. Most of the people where from kolkata and some of us went from Odisha. Man, what a drive it was, truly fantastic and any amount of narration won't do justice for it. One should experience it to feel it. The roads in Odisha, even through jungles and villages, are much better than any National Highway. Just started to capture my memories on words and will soon share it with you all.

The route taken was:
    Up: NH53-NH16-NH18-NH49-NH18
    Distance: 403 kms

upload_2016-8-7_20-29-8.png

Down: NH18-NH49-SH49-NH53
    Distance: 432 kms

upload_2016-8-7_20-36-58.png

Nevertheless about the difference in distance both the routes took around 9- 10 hrs drive. I think the better would be the one which google shows as 374 kms but the road condition needs to be seen upto Jashipur, Odisha.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    pdash, PradeepM, KPR and 1 other person like this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have anyone done this road route from Hyd to manipal ? Can you please share about the road condition

Hydtomanipal.JPG
    sathishgv likes this.
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sathishgv and KPR like this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Done with Hyd-Udipi-hYD marathon run.

Started saturday morning at 6 am from Hyd reached Udipi 7:45pm.
    Hyd-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Gangawati-Hospet-Harihar-Thirthalli-Agumbe-Udipi. The roads were superb all over the trip, especially the ghat,twists and turns.(703Kms)

Return Started Sunday Morning 11am reached Hyd 3am,with power nap of one hour.On return trip GPS showed me shortest route from Challekere to Kalyandurg going through small villages with less than 50ft road.Have to take help of village people for the routes.
    Udipi-Bhadravati-Chitradurga-CHallekere-Kalyandurg-NH7-Anathpur-Kurnool-Hyd.(765kms)
    pabhishek and sathishgv like this.