1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-R-I-P - The Plans and Outcomes

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sathishgv, Oct 3, 2013.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    So, here is the final plan for the trip

gangtok iternary final.PNG

Got some help from HVK about the route. Its going to be PARADIP-BALAORE-JALESHWAR-KHARAGPUR-NH2-BARDAMAN-ASANSOL-JAMATARA-DUMKA-BHAGALPUR-PURNIA-SILIGURI-SEVOKE-GANGTOK. (route courtesy, HV kumar)

So, i will be covering NH5, NH60, NH2 then onto SH5, then on 114A, then SH17, then NH31 and NH31A all the way upto gangtok. In other words i will drive through the following states: Odisha, West Bengal, Jharkand, Bihar and Sikkim

@arnab. hope i have answered your queries.

And here is the route map

route map.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    good to see Pelling included :)!
    i remember having posted suggesting you to include Pelling in your plan. dont seem to find that post now!:confused:
    1 person likes this.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I too don't remember reading your suggestion :rolleyes: but thanks for trying to help me out in my plan. Initially Pelling was not in my plan but considering the possible problems (altitude sickness) of taking small kids to yumthang and gurudongmar i dropped those and diverted myself to Pelling. Anyway, kids below 8 yrs are not allowed to visit Nathula so i will be visiting again that time i will cover north sikkim and east sikkim
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Not sure whether I will be able to materialize my Gangtok plan. Now, its a cat on the wall. But if i am not able to go to Gangtok, I will surely be going to chennai and to thiruvarur by car with my family. Will keep you guys updated.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Now I am believing in the fact that "there is always a next time" as i have to drop the gangtok trip. But tomorrow I will be leaving to chennai and then to thiruvarur and will be back to paradip by next weekend. Lets see what NH5 has to offer me this time.

My plan is like this:

leave paradip @04:00 hrs, reach vishakapatnam @11:00 hrs, reach ongole @18:00 hrs and then chennai @23:00 hrs
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Happy punting sathish.Be careful due to summer heat there are chances of valve stem of tires giving up. Try to keep tires cool as much as possible.
    I have faced it recently due to continuous run.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you ganges for that precaution. Any ways we had reached safely yesterday evening at 1900 hrs.
    When i see to my last post i feel how over ambitious i was to reach chennai by 2300 hrs. Actually, we did a halt at hanuman junction near eluru on sunday night as my son insisted on going home as he was fed up confined to the car the whole day. My wife too was strongly against the idea of continuing the journey so no other option than to stop. I will write in detail once i get back to paradip. Still has many more miles to cover before reaching paradip. Leaving to thiruvarur day after tomorrow, may be via vellore.
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Your first post took me for a ride :)! Nice innovatice narrative, Satish. Enjoyed reading the thread.

Even I like long drives like these and I think one is coming up soon. Look forward to reading your trip details once you are back. Happy safe driving!
    1 person likes this.
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Completed the trip and reached back safely yesterday at 16:00 hrs. There were some "first time experiences" during this trip. Hope i will be able to provide more information this time than the previous tirps. As usual not many photos as i was behind the wheel most of the time and also this was not a drive planned for holiday.
    2 people like this.
  10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Before starting my Travelogue, I present the stats first

TOTAL DISTANCE COVERED: 3651.3 KMS
    TOTAL FUEL EXPENSES: 16004 INR
    TOTAL TOLL PAID: 2600 INR
    EXPENSE ON STAY: 1000 INR
    EXPENSE ON FOOD: 450 INR

TOTAL EXPENSE ON THIS TRIP: 20054 INR

Details of major highways covered in this trip are

Odisha SH 12: Paradip-Cuttack
    NH 5: Cuttack-chennai
    NH 45: Chennai-Ulundurpet
    TN SH 69: Ulundurpet-Virudhachalam
    TN SH 70: Virudhachalam-Bhuvanagiri
    TN SH 212: CHIDAMBARAM BYPASS
    TN SH 49 / NH 45A: SIRKAZHI BYPASS
    TN SH 64: SIRKAZHI BYPASS-MAYILADUTHURAI
    TN SH 23: MAYILADUTHURAI-THIRUVARUR
    NH 45C: SETHIYATHOPU-PAPPANAPATU (NH 45 Jn.)
    3 people like this.