1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-R-I-P - The Plans and Outcomes

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sathishgv, Oct 3, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Re: A ride from east to west (paradip, odisha to jaisalmer, rajasthan)

Udaipur ,jodhpur, Jaisalmer if you are not going to nathdwara from udaipur then your route is spotless and you can cover very good distance

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Re: A ride from east to west (paradip, odisha to jaisalmer, rajasthan)

As for MMI it guided us in the wrong direction while in udaipur and the funny part was that we were able to see the fort pass right above us and still we were told to drive for 2 more kms

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you shams for the inputs

Thank you sir, I will make a note of it.

Yesterday night two "new" developments took place in my company " LONG RIDES INDIA PVT LIMITED". I have got a new "Managing" Director (obviously my wife because she manages me mostly :evilsmile)and i have changed the name of my company to "TRAVELLING in RIDES INDIA PVT LIMITED" to be hereafter shortly referred as "TRIP" limited. We had a late night "board meeting" and my new MD suggested that instead of going to Rajasthan we can go to kerala. :dancing

Ravi sir, we have decided to follow your footsteps after retirement.

The main reason that i wanted to go the Jaisalmer is that my brother is posted there so i wanted to visit him. But my MD dose not want to visit them travelling by car. So she proposed that we can go by train and later in the next year go to kerala by car. No conclusion arrived at yesterday's meeting. Will soon let you all know about the developments.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Mods, please change the title thread to "T-R-I-P - THE PLANS AND OUTCOMES"
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    So, we (CEO & MD) "worked" this week end for deciding the course of action. Good news is that we were able to come to some conclusions. We have formulated the "vision" and "mission" statements for our company.

VISION:

TO TRAVEL BY ROAD TO COVER ALMOST ALL THE MAJOR DESTINATIONS IN INDIA AND TO PROVIDE INFORMATION FOR THE BENEFIT OF TFIians.

MISSION:

TO TRAVEL BY ROAD YEARLY ONCE TO PLACES, MOSTLY TOURIST DESTINATIONS WITHIN INDIA BY CAR, PREFERABLY FIAT. TO GATHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRAVEL, LIKE ROAD CONDITIONS, PLACES OF STAY, FOOD QUALITY, PLACES TO VISIT, COST OF TRAVEL, TIME OF TRAVEL, BEST POSSIBLE ROUTES ETC. TO PROVIDE REVIEW OF THE HOTELS, FOOD, TOURIST SPOT ETC. TO PROVIDE ANY OTHER INFORMATION THAT WILL BE USEFUL FOR THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO TAKE ON SUCH JOURNEY.

For the purpose of above, we have decided to have two plans, plan A and plan B, for each year. Plan A will be in summer and Plan B will be near winter. The plan which will take precedence depends upon the situation and also the location where we plan to go.

For the year 2014, we have decided Darjeeling and shillong for the summer (plan A) and Sambalpur, Amarkantak, Kajuraho near winter (plan B). Of course, prior to the visit i will be using information from you guys apart from the reviews available online.

P.S: This is why i requested mods to change the title of the thread as it will be misleading for others.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    4 people like this.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Plan finalized for the year 2014. It will be to paradip-gangtok. The up route will be PARADIP-MAYAPUR-MURSHIDABAD-GANGTOK and the down route will be GANGTOK-COOCH BEHAR-SHANTINIKETAN-BISHNUPUR-PARADIP.

UP ROUTE:

PARADIP-MAYAPUR-MURSHIDABAD-GANGTOK
    TOTAL KMS: 1155 KMS

ROUTES BREAK-UP:

PARADIP-CHANDIKOLE - NH 5A - 75.3 KMS
    CHANDIKOLE-KOLKATA - AH 45 - 370 KMS
    KOLKATA-MURSHIDABAD - NH 34 - 213 KMS
    MURSHIDABAD-GANGTOK - NH 34 & NH 31 - 495 KMS

The route in google:
    Capture up map.jpg

DOWN ROUTE:

GANGTOK-COOCH BEHAR-SHANTINIKETAN-BISHNUPUR-PARADIP

TOTAL KMS: 1390 KMS

ROUTES BREAK-UP:

GANGTOK-COOCHBEHAR - NH 31 - 243 KMS
    COOCH BEHAR-SHANTINIKETAN - NH 31/NH 34/SH 7/SH 6/SH 13 - 595 KMS
    SHANTINIKETAN-BISHNUPUR - SH 14/SH 9/SH 8/NH 60 - 133 KMS
    BISHNUPUR-PARADIP - NH 60/AH 45/NH 5A - 419 KMS

The route in google:
    Capture dn map.jpg

Now, we are planning the trip in mid-late march so that we will be able to see some snow clad mountains. Don't know whether the timing and routes are the best one. Will keep posting the developments after doing further research. Also, we are planning to do this trip within a time span of 10-15 days. Guys throw in your suggestions, views, comments, criticism anything...........I will use everything you throw at me for my benefit:p
    1 person likes this.
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    After PHAILIN, i am planning to unleash my storm (90 HP) towards west bengal this sunday. Planning to visit Kolkata for durga puja. After coming back i will post a short log about this trip

@Ravi sir, you and your "less HP Linea" are responsible for this trip. :D
    1 person likes this.
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    PARADIP-KOLKATA-PARADIP VIA AH 45

Returned from the trip yesterday night. But could not take pictures of the route due to time crunch. Any ways I will use this log to update the status of AH 45 urf NH 5/NH 60. Actually this trip was sort of pre-run for my gangtok trip, and helped me to assess the situation of the route upto kolkata.

Saturday: PHAILIN crossed odisha cost @ 21:15 hrs near gopalpur. Fingers crossed as weather men predicted that there will be heavy rains for another 24 hrs.

Sunday: Weather in paradip was pleasant with mild winds and for most part of the day the climate was sunny.
    @ 12:00 noon decided that we will go ahead with the plan. But still not sure about the state of the highway as it might have been blocked by trees that "phailin" uprooted.
    @ 15:15 hrs left paradip and decided to turn back if the route was not clear.
    @ 18:15 hrs filled diesel in BP Khantapada and filled my stomach with Tea in GHAR. Had a little bit of trouble as some villagers blocked the NH which was cleared almost immediately.
    @ After crossing balasore and reaching NH 60 it became two lane for the most part of it with frequent diversions. If possible should be avoided during night.
    @ 19:45 hrs crossed jaleshwar, the odisha-west bengal border.
    @ 20:30 hrs crossed kolaghat. Surprised to see the sarat setu completed because before one year the new bridge was almost non existence.
    @ 23:45 hrs reached Gariahat, where i have booked my guest house.

Total kms covered: 470 kms.
    Time taken: 8.5 hrs

We were too tired that we dropped the idea of "pandal hopping" and straight away went to bed.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    2 people like this.
  10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    On return trip, we left kolkata, after lunch and buying some snacks @ haldiram, at 15:30 hrs. As i said in, http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tyres-alloys/9224-tyre-rotation-wheel-balancing-alignment.html, i did wheel balancing at F.K Tyres, VIP Junction road, kolkata. It took only half-an-hour to do the "balancing act". From there i came out of kolkata via jessore road and travelled through AH1. As usual the AH 1 was beautiful and smooth.

From AH 1 i took AH 45 and the route is pretty same as the onward journey. The only difference is that i took SH 57 for bypassing jaleswar check post as it was completely jammed. The SH 57 is completely in a bad shape as usual and even worse due to flood caused by phailin.

Finally we reached paradip @23:15 hrs.