1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-R-I-P - The Plans and Outcomes

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sathishgv, Oct 3, 2013.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, i own a company called "LONG RIDES INDIA PVT LTD" and as part of my future plan I am planning a acquire the NH from paradip, the eastern part of india to Jaisalmer, the Western part of india. I am planning this somewhere in january 2014 and i have started the preparations a bit earlier so that i know the "market" conditions before taking the plunge.

My "market research analyst" is Mr. google and he has a software called the "maps" which showed me three different options that i can take. They are:

1. Via AH1, through lucknow-jaipur-jaisalmer which is a total of 2334 kms
    2. Via AH46/NH6, through Nagpur-indore-udaipur-jaisalmer which is a total of 2309 kms
    3. Via NH6, through Nagpur-Surat-Ahmedabad-Jaisalmer which is a total of 2427 kms.

Now first of all my plan is to decide the safer route and the quicker which will give me better "payback" in no of days. So please throw in the details about all these routes and the "market conditions" prevailing. Once the route is fixed then i will proceed further step by step.

Thanks in advance for all the help that you guys are going to provide.

Sathish. G. V
    CEO, LONG RIDES INDIA PVT LTD.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Liked your company's introduction and indications...
    Wish good luck in acquiring work.. :p
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you limraj and i need a lot of wishes :-D and help from you guys to make this acquisition successful.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    All the 3 options will have bad roads as driving through UP/MP is involved. So be prepared for the bad roads and select the best option that has the least bad roads. East-West Corridor could be considered, but I don't have personal experience of driving on the East-West Corridor fully. As regards to the second option, Recently, I have done Indore to Chittorgarh, which had the bad roads from Indore to Lebad and MP/RJ border to Chittorgarh, where my Linea had to do off-roading and suffered from bottom-scraping.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I expected this for sure from the CEO of "PASSION RIDES INDIA PVT LTD" :D.

Sir, I have read the thread "with less HP, my linea covers more HP" and so was expecting the conditions of roads in MP from you. Thank you sir, I will do as much research as possible before starting on the journey.

By the way does MMI gives any advantage during long rides through unknown places?. If so i should think of buying one.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Try going through nh2, through bihar, varanasi, delhi, rajasthan..
    Stay away from the MP, nagpur route..nd MMI will guide you through the road which exists regardless of its condition.. so better know the route nd then use it..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    MapMyIndia navigator guides 95% perfectly and for the remaining 5%, it will try to misguide you; the only problem will be that 5% will come, when you are sure that you are in the 95% range! ;) In Calcutta, it guided me to my hotel on a deserted main road and declared destination reached and went off at 6 am! My hotel was located some 2 km from that spot on a small lane! For Ginger Hotel, Guwahati, it did the same at 3 am in the morning! There was no soul in the vicinity to enquire. But, later, I came to know that we were very near, yet very far, off by few hundred metres from the spot located in a street perpendicular to the main road. Yes, on the whole, having MapMyIndia will be advantageous while driving on a trip. :) I suggest you have hardcopies of the maps printed on the paper too, just for confirmation.
    3 people like this.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Sathish,

Could you please tell us about your "LONG RIDES INDIA PVT LTD" company?
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Rishikesh, its a company where i am the only employee and the "head"office is located approx 5 ft 6 in above MSL. The company operates 24 X 7, 365 days :D
  10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    After reading Shams "tour de rajasthan thread", i had some inputs regarding the road conditions and traffics, travelling time etc from udaipur to jaisalmer. So, my tentative route will be Nagpur-udaipur-jodhpur-jaisalmer.

Also searching for the tirp of J Ravi from Indore to chittorgarh so that i could finalise my research from indore to jaisalmer via udaipur and jodhpur. Ravi sir, can u help me to find that? :mrgreen:
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013