1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jetting to Jog falls, Murudeshwara and finally to Goa (2015)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ManoharV, Jan 16, 2016.

1. ManoharV

ManoharV Timido

Bengaluru
    Linea T-Jet
    It was quite some we had been on a long "leisure" road trip, and plan started with better half as our wedding anniversary was nearing. There were many destination considered like Munnar, Coorg, Pondicherry, Goa, etc, and there was only one disagreement. I wanted enjoy more drive on our new T Jet, and wife was more interested in going to some place nearby and stay there relaxing for few days. Few short drives around Bengaluru on Linea, and she was okay to experiment this time spending most of our time on road. And we decided Goa as our final destination.

Bangalore to Goa via NH-4 was the first route considered, but I always had a feeling that it will become bit boring after some time, and was not much convinced to take this route.

What do we do now?
    It was November and Western would have retained its greenery. So the final itinerary was made:
    Day-1: Bangalore - Channarayapatna (to visit a temple visited by fore fathers) - Aresekere - Jog Falls
    Day-2: Jog Falls - Murudeshwara - Idagungi - Karwar
    Day-3: Karwar - Goa
    Day-4: Goa
    Day-5: Goa - Karwar - Bankapura - Tumkur - Bangalore via NH-4

Ohh, I just forgot that we now have a company, 11 months old kid, who had never been on any drive which lasted more than 2-3 hours.
    Being not sure how comfortable our daughter would be on this drive, we decided not to pre-book any hotel.

Leaves approved, shopping done, bags packed, Jet fueled, and we were ready to take off on early morning of 23-Nov-2015

WP_20151122_19_24_56_Pro.jpg
    T Jet was ready to cross its 1K Kms milestone.

We started at around 6:30 AM, and took NICE road till Nelamangala, and then started towards Channarayapatna. This is infact my first ever travelogue, and I am not good in writing, so I would let some pics to tell the story now.
    Raaz and Aniket Dessai like this.
  2. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    How much was the Fuel Efficiency? Is T-Jet really bad at that aspect?
  3. ManoharV

ManoharV Timido

Bengaluru
    Linea T-Jet
    On the way to Channarayapatna. Roads were almost empty, and it was a pleasure to drive there.
    WP_20151123_07_25_43_Pro.jpg

On the way to Ranganatha swamy temple in Gollarahosahalli (~ 20 kms from channarayapatna).

WP_20151123_09_21_26_Pro.jpg
    After visiting temple, we took Channarayapatna Arsikere Road. Two lane state highway with some section in not so good condition.
    But with scenic fields around and minimal traffic, it was so much fun driving here that we forgot to take any pics on this route.

From Arsikere till Shimoga road was OK, with people showing off their extraordinary driving skills which kept us bit focused on road for some time.

Only after Shimoga we could find some decent place to park the Jet and take some pics.
    WP_20151123_16_28_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20151123_16_28_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20151123_16_29_22_Pro.jpg

It was around 6 PM when we reached Jog falls, and this is all we could see there.
    WP_20151123_18_15_52_Pro.jpg
    Quite obvious, in the month of November, we can not expect too much water there :).

As initially planned, we were supposed to stay in Govt guest house in jog falls. and we were quite impressed with quality of rooms they were providing at Rs 2500, but we got to know that we would be the only occupant in the guest house, and somehow wife was not feeling safe to stay there. And we had only two options,
    a) Drive to Shimogga and look for some decent hotels.
    b) Drive to next destination viz Murudeshwara and stay in RNS residency.

We opted for option "B", and started at around 7:30 PM from Jog towards Murudeshwara via Honnavara. It was already dark, but roads were in good condition, and it was fun driving Jet. Jet was very comfortable in negotiating all the curves in forest, and by 9:15 PM we reached Murudeshwara and ended our day there.

WP_20151123_16_30_52_Pro.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 16, 2016 ---
    Aniket Dessai: Overall fuel effeciency was ~ 14.5 KMPL (Full tank to full tank method)

And max that we could see in ODO was
    WP_20151123_07_31_14_Pro.jpg
    pabhishek, Turbothinghy, Ravi and 2 others like this.
  4. ManoharV

ManoharV Timido

Bengaluru
    Linea T-Jet
    Day-2: got up early and the view from balcony just energized us more to start next part of our journey.

WP_20151124_06_48_48_Pro.jpg

WP_20151124_06_47_27_Pro.jpg

Visited temple and took some pics there.
    WP_20151124_10_46_46_Pro.jpg

Some pics taken inside cave which talk about history of Murudeshwara and Gokarana.
    1.jpg

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

IMG_0888.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

WP_20151124_12_15_56_Pro.jpg

Visited Idagungi and Om beach before settling in Karwar.
    WP_20151124_15_11_50_Pro.jpg

WP_20151124_15_12_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20151124_16_59_44_Pro.jpg
    One must note that four lane highway construction is in progress on this route (Edapally - Panvel) and I hope once it is ready, it will be fun driving here.

3.jpg
    Ravi_M, varunrtr, limraj and 4 others like this.
  5. ManoharV

ManoharV Timido

Bengaluru
    Linea T-Jet
    Day-3: Checked-in at Calangute residency in Goa, and just relaxed on calangute and vagator beach. Cell phone and camera was kept aside to spend some good time with family, so could not take any pic.
    If anyone wants to enjoy some nice ambeince, pleasent music and amazong food, one must try Thalassa near Vagator beach.

Day-4: Had a morning walk on the beach. Planned to visit Old Goa and then back to Karwar as next day we had to drive back home.
    IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1130.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1163.JPG

Day-5: Karwar to Bangalore
    IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

Driving on NH-4 with its flat roads and no greenery around was bit boring as expected. Reaching Nelamangala was so easy, but Nelamangala to NICE road Jn made us feel like taking a U-turn and continue our journey for few more days :banghead:.

Signing off with last few images summarizing Jet's performance, and with a big hope to have many more road trips with this amazing machine.
    WP_20151127_19_33_31_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151127_19_33_58_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151127_19_34_11_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151127_19_34_23_Pro.jpg

Thanks for your time :).
    Ravi_M, varunrtr, pdash and 12 others like this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @ManoharV

Nice travelogue and equally good pictures. Good to see the Jet covering so many places. I have always wanting to do a coastal Karnataka trip, lets see how it realizes.

Keep jetting and drive safely.
    ManoharV likes this.
  7. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    My hometown is about 5 kms from karwar. From a now defunct toll booth. The whole route is quite close to the sea.
    ManoharV likes this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ManoharV likes this.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful pics @ManoharV . Nice to see FIATS in their true belongings - the highways :)
    Fuel economy for Jet can be considered as 14kmpl for long distance trip(mix of highways/country side/city/bad roads). It has always been the same for me.
    ManoharV and Rama like this.
  10. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Nice travelogue @ManoharV . Its truly a fun to ride in that stretch & yeah not to miss those ghat section enroute Bangalore. I guess you had fab time behind the wheels of T-Jet!! ;)
    ManoharV likes this.