1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T jet tyres & rims for linea

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by arian, Oct 11, 2010.

1. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Can my multijet take 205 tyres and 16 inch alloys of t jet linea without compromising on ride/handling? any idea

Anup
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good question, answer looks to be positive. Because the T-Jet version has 15" steel rims where as T-Jet+ has 16" Alloys. So the handling should not impact much. :redcar
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    If yes then it eliminates the whole exercise of hunting for a new set of alloys and the issue of 98 PCD. Only limitation is the cost.
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2 points to be considered here:
    1. I don't understand how Fiat could increased the GC by 5mm when the diameter of the tyre changed from 615mm to 631.9mm a difference of 16.9mm which means a GC difference of 8.45mm , any suspension changes?.
    2. For Puntos abroad 16" comes as stock so shouldn't be a problem.
    I have heard Fiesta Sport with 15" 195 has some minor suspension tuning unlike the normal variants with 14" hope its not the case for Tjet Plus
  6. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    also wouldnt 205 / 55 mean a lower profile than the existing 60. Wouldnt that lower the height?
  7. am pretty sure handling will improve but ride might suffer due to low tire profile and our moonscaped roads.
  8. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I'm not sure, but check out if warranty is not void. Talk to your service Manager about this.
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    infact even i loved the Tjet wheels... But again theyve made a blunder by installing Good year tyres...
  10. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    I am planning Michelins along with the 16 inch alloys.