1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jet surface rust on turbo

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by johy, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Hi guys,

As some of you know, I took delivery of my T-Jet Plus on Monday, September 3, 2012.

There is a wee bit of rusting where the turbo is attached to the engine. How do I get rid of it? Lubricants? Thanks in advance.
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Can you post some pics?? Without looking at it, its totally clue-less.

Also if you think the rust could damage some parts then show it to your nearest TASC & get it repaired under warrenty.
  3. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Posting pictures now..

IMG_0381.JPG IMG_0380.jpg
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I have seen many TJets

this rusting is present in all tjets. Please do not ask TASS to change it, it will only cause further issues as they may not be well trained to do it
  5. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    That is what I thought as well. A little lubricating oil should do the trick IMO.
  6. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Johy.... can you please circle or arrow the specific place.... I did not remember seeing any rusting in my T-jet with I got couple of months back... but nonetheless want to check if it hiding in some nook and corner!!!
    btw.... did you complain this with the sales guy?....
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys, guys ....That is a no issue, no worries thing.

That part is called the "Turbo housing" , made of cast iron and it WILL rust. Generally it is painted in high heat paint on other turbos i've seen, but FIAT seems to have left it out, and so do many other manufacturers. Don't give it any thought whatsoever. Just enjoy the Jet.

It is a SOLID piece of metal and rusting won't be eating it up.
    2 people like this.
  8. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    IMG_0381.JPG IMG_0380.jpg Thanks guys for your responses.

^For Vanandwiz posting pictures with the rust encircled; no need to worry about like Gurjinder said. This car is built like a tank.:D

Off topic, but the only cribs I have with it are 1) Rubbery gear shift 2) Driving position.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Locking the thread as the query has been resolved.

Cheers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.