1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-jet+ Speaker/Amp/Sub selection

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by miks, Jan 19, 2011.

1. miks

miks

Mumbai
    Hi,

I have been a leacher on this forum for past couple of weeks. I believe its high time i post a question since the car delivery date is getting near... :wow

Have been looking at various cars in the sub-10/11 lac category....but i dont know FIAT actually took its effect in reverse on me....I was first bolwed over by the Fiat Punto 90bhp MJD....still waiting for the Punto 90bhp "Sportz". Will get my hands on that beauty when launched and have enuf dough in my pocket....

As of now....am expecting my T-Jet+ in a couple of weeks.....and So started the hunt for a good audio system....

Here is the scene so far....
    > dont want to replace my HU will keep it the stock "Blau"
    > Planning to do my audio upgrade in 3 stages....1> replace stock speaker 2> Add amp 3> Add Sub

What i was planning for the 1st stage is replace the stock with BA S50 and S60 speakers.....

AMP....still open
    SUB-still open

I am not a "audiophile" but just appreciate good balanced music.<Also, I listen to music "only" in my car and spend abt 3 hrs in the car commuting...Mumbai..!!!>
    I usually get horrified when i listen to a SUB thumping away in the car next to me. The BASS just ruins the entire spectrum of music from the speakers <may not be the correct technical term>. So I am looking for a SUB that kind of just enhances the music from the speakers and not engulf it completely.
    Can decide on the AMP depending on the SUB suggested by the GURU's.... it would be nice if i can squeeze the SUB and the AMP within the 15k budget.

Also, i wanted to add a Tachometer with a Shift Light....any suggestions??

Let me know.

Thanks

Miks
  2. Miks, congratulations on your TJet and hearty welcome to TFI.

You may update your TJet details in the below link.
    viewtopic.php?f=47&t=994&start=150

Edit : i have updated on your behalf. You may update the "expected date of delivery" alone.
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Miks,

Welcome to TFI.

In case you are looking for just balanced sound, maybe, you could do without the sub. BA speakers give fairly balanced sound (with 'decent' bass), especially if played with an amp - for the S series, you may not even need an amp. For the rear, I will recommend S 55 (coaxials), instead of S 50.

What you definitely must do is damping for the doors. That will cost about 6k for all four doors. Then change the speakers, and hear the sound. Thereafter, install the amp, only if you are not satisfied with the sound.

Regards

Johnny
  4. miks

miks

Mumbai
    Hi Johnyy,

Just to clarify, in the rear, you are suggesting that i put just regular coaxials S55 <not components like S50?>. Is that only difference?

Sorry if it is a naive question.

Miks
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Miks,

Yes, I am suggesting S-55 co-axials in the rear instead of compos. In my opinion, front compos with rear co-axials will give you a better 'soundstage' - spatial dispersion of instruments, vocals etc. Co-axials are also considerably cheaper than compos - if I am not mistaken, the S-50 costs more than the S-60; could not figure out why.

Regards

Johnny