1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jet Rear Spoiler

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by ansal11, Nov 11, 2010.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    its not only the looks.....it also increases the downforce and the ergonomics of the car as well.....smoother air flow.....stability!!!!!!!!!
  2. Agree completely ::T
    I was only referring to the looks
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Usually, I like spoilers on other cars. But, I'm a fan of Linea's uncluttered rear looks ::D & love it purely on as-is where-is basis :mrgreen:
  4. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Have you put it through a windtunnel? The spoilers sold are generally just cosmetic and does not do anything aerodynamically. The spoilers are dealer fitment and not through FIAT.

In terms of looks, i feel the linea looks much better without the spoiler. Moreover, the spoiler is just double taped to the boot and if you tug it hard, you can pull it off.

If you are going in for the looks, then maybe its worth thinking on but if its for more downforce, then dont waste your money.
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is a spoiler really required when we can drive only at speeds around 100 - 120? Most cars nowadays give a max speed of 150+ but how many of us really drive that fast.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Agreed to Pran. Howver the car with Spoiler especially the Hatchback looks very good. In case of Sedan spoiler looks great on few car Ex. Mistsubishi Cedia. Linea without spoiler looks more decent than with the spoiler.

:eek:fftopic
    BTW I am planning to put the Spoiler on my Punto.
    :dance
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey...i was just mentioning what a spoiler does.....din mean to harm ur warm feelings.... :)

I was also talking about the original rear spoiler from Fiat, not an aftermarket or a dealer accessory...but an original Fiat ...!!!!!
  8. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Dont worry about it. I happen to be a bit straight & blunt when it comes to comments. Didnt mean to snub you though :cool:

I was asking about it but looking at the spoiler, it was just a fibreglass bit and was double taped to boot. Didnt look like a FIAT original one. The FIAT site also doesnt list this as an official accessory. Not very sure about the usefulness of the spoiler other than looks.
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    I was asking about it but looking at the spoiler, it was just a fibreglass bit and was double taped to boot. Didnt look like a FIAT original one. The FIAT site also doesnt list this as an official accessory. Not very sure about the usefulness of the spoiler other than looks.[/quote]

Have a look at the pictures when TJet was unvieled in Mumbai......the car shown had the rear spoiler....it looked good in the pictures....so i enquired about it with the dealer...and he said yes....!!!!!
  10. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Spoiler which is a doubletaped should be a complete no no IMO. If it is taped, it can no way provide the downforce at high speeds without peeling itself off, as there is some air that will flow beneath it as well. I thought it would be bolted to the boot.
    Though i think it should be a FIAT GA as it was on the showcased SBB T-Jet during Mumbai launch on 8th.