1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jet plus, Tuscan Wine

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by ramananda, Apr 24, 2012.

1. ramananda

ramananda Timido

Bangalore
    Folks, I run a T-Jet plus, Tuscan Wine, the version before all this automatic headlamps and wipers came in :)
    It's barely done 3k, and I'm planning a long ( Vashi to Bangalore, 1000 km over two days) trip with my wife, daughter, and a heap of luggage.
    few quick queries:
    Any thoughts on the tire pressure I need to get before I start on this trip?
    Anyone here who's done the same route recently?
    Any suggestions on whether I need:

A Satnav ( i have an ipad which I was thinking of using)

More powerful headlamps (if yes, recommendations welcome, also whether I need to upgrade wiring too to prevent fuse blowouts)

Any other thoughts, specific to this trip or general advice, would be most appreciated

thanks
    Ram
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

Hi, unless you are a real pro at driving long distances and have "been there done that", suggest you wait until the 5000 km /1st service interval before attempting a 1000km plus trip, especially in the high summer season.

Of course, there isnt anything technically wrong with it, but I'd take a 200-300km trip initially to do some "route-proving" (as they call in aviation terms).
    I am (myself) hovering around the 4.4K mark on my JetPlus (Tuscan Wine , BTW)..so will undertake a long trip after Svc-1.

But thats just me..

Generally they recommend higher tire pressure on the highway runs ..like a 36/33 or so.

Dont mess around with the electricals (for headlamp) just yet..
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Go on the trip without any concerns whatsoever. Your car , from the showroom, is ready to take on any long trip you want. Engines aren't the same anymore.

Set the pressure as mentioned in the manual and you'll be fine.

1000km's is no issue for the Linea. Mr. J Ravi regularly does 1000+km non stop in his Linea FIRE and his current record stands at 1400+km non stop.

I hope you're following good practices for the turbo's health. Have a read of the ''start stop recommendation'' thread.

Cheers
    1 person likes this.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    All the very best for the Trip and awaiting for your safe return with the loads of pictures....
    the roads of the Maharashtra are very gud but you will face small patches of roads as you enter karnataka.
    You can take the Jet for a ride and enjoy....Just maintain proper tyre pressure thats it...
  5. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    i think your car is done pretty much - 3K (mine is only 1800 Km now)...I dont think any issue with 1K trip..As suggested by others get your car checked once before you start. Check your spare bulbs, tire pressure (even in spare wheel). There are many travel experiences thread here so plz read for do's and don'ts thats all
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Hi Ace, I have bought a 90 HP recently, pls help me know where to drive, it's too much hot outside:mrgreen:
    Tyre pressure 36/33::OO
    Don't mess around with headlamps? you mean use a torch instead & give free of cost lift to a few pedestrians on bonnet of 90HP who were expecting a taxi instead:p
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi , you can have a good trip , after i bought my tjet first trip was to rameshwaram and around for 1300 km starting from 100 km in my odo , fill 35 in front and 33 in back , if car is fully loaded , that will give u a good drive both in highway , while towatds journey i didnt cross 120 but sure it will tempt u to press the accelerator as you wont find any diff inside untill 150 above. :) have a safe journey . i was crusing around 100 - 130 variable that will be good and pleasant
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Ans: Thats whats written in the Linea Manual.
    Ans: Why mess around with them so early in the ownership ? They arent exactly "bad" in terms of illumination and spread.

BTW: the sarcasm is rather unwarranted. People here do know their Fiats from their Marutis..
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  9. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    So bottom line is you can run your T-Jet to 1000Km or even more, and no issue. Follow journey plans as suggested by other users here. And I think the thread should be closed.
    Please respect each other - an argument turning out personal should be avoided. Remember we are here because we all are passionate about - FIAT, :) Enjoy guys!!
  10. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
    I have PUNTO MJD and I did a 2725 KM trip this Jan and before the trip ODO was showing 2500 KM. So I dont think the trip should be an issue for you.
    For PUNTO recommended tyre pressure is 32 but whenever I do highway trips I keep it on 33 (but strcictly for highways) else it would give you bumpy ride on normal city roads. So you can also keep air pressure one more than recommended.
    Happy Journey.