1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-JET Owners: Turbo query - Update on page 3

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by tjetdriver, Jan 13, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Attn T-JET Owners: Turbo not kicking..

@ tjetdriver

Oh ! No !
    Now Turbo of petrol cars are also started to give problems ?
    Is there any Engine Light error OR ECU error ?

If not then you & me are sailing in same boat.

Read topic " Loss of Power" in technical section written by
    amolmane

Caution to all Members :- 2 cases added in just one week about " Turbo Not kicking" :A
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

@tjet driver

How is your car in the ghats ? Does the M800 also overtake you ?

Please post comparion of your car with Swift or Swift Dzire since those cars are the benchmark for turbo performance in India

Also check if Fiat has given you a faulty engine from Poland. Apparently they have diverted all the faulty engines to India.

Also get a string of things checked on your car : wastegate, fuel injectors, EGR valve, hydraulic tappets, clutch etc etc

The Fiat turbo's are the most inappropriately engineered devices in this world. Do a thorough internet search and try to diagnose the problem yourself. There is plenty of information available on the internet.

And if this post does not make sense to you : don't worry : you are not alone :lol
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

was

LOL amogh. That was a truly hilarious post :lol:
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Funniest Post ever on TFI. I salute you Amogh. :clap

I would have used my power already, if you catch my drift ::O
  5. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai

Thats sarcastic. For a moment i was thinking whats wrong with amogh :lol:

On a serious note, the correct approach to the problem is to have the car checked. For all we know, it could be just the feel of the turbo. My car has a similar feel. The engine has run 2.5k and is much smoother in acceleration now. The sharp push back of turbo, when the engine was new, is not felt now. Its more attributed to the engine running smoother and without jerky acceleration rather than the turbo not functioning.

Pedal to the metal, i know the turbo is running :devilface
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Good job Ansal ::T
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

When your car was new one you might have getting Tubo boost at part throttle.
    Now your throttle is required to push upto flooring to get strong boost
    Still you are happy ? :confused

Man ! Know your rights . You are a customer. You have paid approx.10 Laks.

Please don't get offended.
    If you are still happy after this incidence, then I suggest you to read Consumer Protection Act.
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

@bhai : your comments and suggestions are totally uncalled for. Don't give suggestions when they are not asked. There is a difference between "discussion" and "irrelevant advice"

If the consumer is happy : who are you to question his happiness ? and why should the consumer read some consumer protection act ?

Are you here to give lessons about "How to read the Consumer Protection Act" ?? And what after reading the consumer protection act ? Go to consumer court ? Then what ? Fight a case for 20 years ?

What is the point you are trying to make ? Should every owner bring the car to you and check if you are happy with it ? Are you the happiness judge ?
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

Once we are used to a certain level of acceleration, you will tend to need higher doses of that to feel the exhilaration. When my car was new and I was accelerating from say 60-80, I used to feel a rush of power compared to my Santro. My kids also used to scream and say go slow. Now, when I do the same thing, I don't feel that much of an exhilaration, but the kids who are not in the car as often as I do, still scream. So I guess it is partly due to getting conditioned to the acceleration levels. The right way to check would be to measure the parameters - speed / time / turbo pressure / whatever... and see. This feeling / sensing approach will just lead to more and more arguments.
    So Stop. Look. Go. :traffic
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Never heard of any turbo failures of a new CAR. modified cars like petes box/chip tuning might give problems but not a new car

Change the title please. It made me look :shocked

even just a title will make prospective buyers stay away from FIAT.