1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-JET Owners: Turbo query - Update on page 3

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by tjetdriver, Jan 13, 2011.

1. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Hi,
    I have finished 2900 kms and suddenly i am "feeling" that mainly in the 1st and 2nd gear the Turbo does not kick like it used to before. Maybe Maybe it is just in my mind and I may gotten so used to driving the T-Jet it has become normal for me. If anyone else observed this kind of behaviour please let me know.

Also, for the ODO Blinking issue i had written to Fiat, with a link to the thread here and they got back with a Complaint number assigned to Prerana Motors. But no one is pickup any phone in Prerana Motors. Now need to run behind them for this.

Thanks.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Attn T-JET Owners: Turbo not kicking..

Best way to check another car and see if you are feeling same there or really there is an issue.
  3. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet

@tjetdriver : usually turbo kicks in at 2200 RPM....... have you tried that in First and second gear......push your engine to 2200RPM...in both the gears and then see the difference. if there is still some issue......go see the service center.

COuld you please elaborate more when you say .... " I felt the turbo kicking in"
  4. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India

what i meant was i could feel that difference when the turbo activates. U will feel the car go vrrooom.. :)
    For the 1st and 2nd gear i am not feeling that. Also nowadays has been a very sedate driving.. As i said it may just be a mind thing, but it would be good if i can drive another t-jet and see..
    But the best effect of the turbo is in the 3rd gear i feel.
    if i go to the service guy, i can get it clarified also. i should make a visit sometime this week.
  5. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet

@tjetdriver : can you provide some information on your driving style...I mean are you a heavy foot driver or a light foot driver....

I ask this because ....if you are a heavy foot driver....you press the accelerator more than required....and there is a lag between your stomping on accelerator and engine churning out power....this extra power is delivered to you by way of a slight jerk and you feel being pushed into the car.

A light foot driver will let the car drive itself by applying minimum pressure on the accelerator ...thus changing the manner in which the power is delivered......
  6. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India

hmm.. nice question vivek. I had never thought it that way.
    to answer - i can drive both ways. but nowadays i am in the light foot driver mode. Let me try both ways and then see if there is any difference.
    even i doubt if there is any issue in the car. because i dont see any difference in rpm change or anything.
  7. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet

May be the change in your driving style is making you feel this...... but anyways....try driving both ways and share your experience..... but as you do this experiment....just be gentle to your car.....because it will not tell you if you are hurting it......but machines have a very bad way of getting back at you.
  8. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai

Take it to a service center and have the turbo pressure checked.

Also, as far as i know there is an alert you would get if the turbo is not working.
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Made me worried when i read this Title ::OO

The best solution is as mentioned by Harish Sagar. Even after it, if ur not satified, try testing another Jet. If you cant get one, book a TD. ::V
  10. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India

Yeah will do that.
    I am visiting the service center tomorrow morning for the Odometer blinking issue, will also have this checked.