1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jet Owners - Please comment

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by PatchyBoy, Dec 16, 2012.

Your impression of your T-Jet(+)

1. I changed my Clutch Slave Cylinder.

2. I have changed my brakepads.

3. I have windnoise in the cabin.

4. I get assorted rattles in the car.

5. I have faced persistent niggles requiring you to visit the service centre multiple times.

6. I have faced other issues (Please post)

7. Nope. I am one of the lucky guys :)

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tps11

tps11 Amatore

I have a HHB T-Jet+ manufactured in June 2011. I got it in August 2012. Drove 3000km so far. No niggles.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

You are lucky! I was told that no TJet+ has been manufactured after May-11! Which is the one I have.
    No niggles so far, wind noise is okay, brakes are quite good. Some minor things like the tyre valves for filling air got bent, but fixed. Overall, brilliant run so far, 11000+ km (city and highways)
  3. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

Linea 1.4
    MAY 2011..T-JET+

1>Airbag failure-Battery changed under warranty after two visits to SC.
    2> Alignment-Left Pulling..serviced but still there.
    3>Cabin noise like small rattle..on speedbreaker..on smooth road no noise
    4>Lately ghat ghat sound (like a plastic bottle is ran over by tyre) while shifting fromm 3-4 or 4-5.But no always...3-4 times in low rpm for a drive of 250KM.

I am still living with it..no other way to see things sorted soon..
  4. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    My Tjet+ is April 2011 manufactured (DMZ). Any way..I call it my "SnowLeopard", please see the link

I'm driving my Jet+ in an environment where the road conditions are hopeless especially the the countryside roads on which the rattles/sounds are hardly cared for, because you always expect such rattles etc. Yes, on highway(only one we have for both the directions) for smooth patches the Jet+ gives me a feeling of real Jet as if it is going to fly within next few seconds. So I forget about the rest. I travel generally on weekends and Monday mornings early in the morning when traffic is off the road and enjoy the ride to fullest.
    Yes, the rear sun wiser does not go back properly, I keep it on all the time, actually I like it on all time.. gives some privacy-effect.
    I also hear some "khrorrrr" sound besides the normal engine roar.. when I let my Jet move in 2nd and 3rd gear but is not irritating and vanishes when I move faster. May be it is the initial sound after a good night rest.
    The door-setting was not up to the mark, especially the left-rear door has a wide gap, the driver door does not have the normal "thuck" sound.
    During 1st-service at TASS, the M-oil filter shield was not re-installed because they tore it off while locating M-oil filter.
    My "SnowLeopard" has leaped about 9000 Kms.
    SHAH,S A
  5. sathya_sc

Driving an Oct 2010 T-Jet with no issues (25000kms ODO).
  6. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    I have Oct 10 Tjet+. It recently completed 30K kms. So far i have not any major problems. But one nagging issue is that of the steering is a slightly tilted to the right. If i correct the steering the car leans to the left if i leave the steering. I took it to a couple of old timer wheel alignment guys. they say to get the amber fixed in the front wheel mostly the left side i think. But the service guys the amber in a fiat comes welded and it cannot be meddled with. so i have left it like that. This problem is there from the time i bought.. now i am adjusted to it.
    The other issue is some minor rattle noise in the car.
  7. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Tjet: The New Saga

I own a May-11 FTA.

1. What is metal CSC?
    2. No whine from rear
    3. Brake pad dust is minimal
    4. Wind noise: significantly less that my previous car (WagonR).
    From driving stand point; beyond 120, I have significant tire or road noise; I do not have wind noise. I was running at 140 and I was surprised that I could not talk clearly with the rear passenger (music system was in mute!!). I assume that the road surface plays it part.
    From rear-seat stand point; the turbo noise is significant (only when the car goes beyond 2000 rpm). Ofcourse, there is tire noise. My in-laws complaint that the cabin is not silent as my cousin’s Vento!!
    I am running on my stock tires. Full rubber beading in the side doors could have given better insulation.​

5. If I am bit careless then the belly can be easily scrapped.
    6. Had a battery problem and got it changed within 20 days of ownership. A painful experience.
    7. Other Niggle I live with…. Fuel lid closing issue, boot opening is tight (complaint registered but yet to be fixed), rear power window squeaking sound (fixed in first service, it has become better but not like other windows.)
    8. Also the front-light glass surface is getting many small small scratches. Looks bad in night when the lights are on. Looks like they cannot be removed, only option is to changed the casing itself which could be costly!! Will a transparent sticker give some protection? Will it reduce the light or cause some other problem?
    9. I got atleast 3 to 4 minor scratches after the first service. I had the first service done in 2 hours and got it delivered immediately. Checked the car after service but could not spot the scratches; but could clearly see them the next day while cleaning the car.
  8. alok

alok Timido

I have Oct,2010 Linea Tjet FTA, have recently completed 30K, following issues have been observed;
    1 battery changed after 10 months, actually I got stranded on road, was lucky to have a battery wallah at walking distance. no warranty claim
    2 there is wind noise in the cabin at 80 kmph and more, its because of the side mirror design etc, practically with all tjet, not a major irritant though
    3 brake pad dust I would say as normal, nothing exceptional. my car has done 30K not changed pads as yet, looks like they would easily last another 5K at least
    4 front co-passenger side door does not close with the normal thud, the last spring back action is not OK but service guys, in spite of many service and visits, are not able to rectify
    5 the glove box fitting is bad, once it came out completely, imagine in a 10L car!!! nevertheless I have learned to live with it, what's the choice!!
    6 the front co-passenger power window is not functioning for the last three months!!! the service guys don't have the required relay/part. posted twice on the grievances site on FIAT website, no avail!! I would say that FIAT has one of the poorest responses as compared with any other car manufacturer
    7 the wheel alignment was consistently bad with the car pulling on one side, the service guys just didn't have a clue. finally I know a guy who does wonderful alignment with rope etc (no machines) he turned all tyres etc and corrected the problem to the great extent, he said the rest is because of poor tyres, next time go for MICHELIN. at present stock tyres, GOODYEAR, will replace tyres after another 5K, will change to MICHELIN
    8 frequently squeaking sound from the back seat, just thump the rear seat hard so that the seat fits properly, I guess the sound is from the rear screen assembly, or a combination of both

final judgement: its a wonderful car, looks, engine and the goodies inside but the whole good experience is marred by small niggles which may be common but the overall experience becomes a nightmare because of the worst possible ASS in the world by any car manufacturer, even standard spare parts are just not available!!
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  9. I am having the same problem in my Sept 10 Tjet. Wheel alignment simply doesn't work. The car always has the tendency to tilt towards right side. My car has covered 6K Kms.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Is the alignment/camber fine? Try swapping the front tires to see if the car starts pulling to the other side.

It is not an inherent defect in the Linea and CAN be corrected.