1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jet Owners - Please comment

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by PatchyBoy, Dec 16, 2012.

?

Your impression of your T-Jet(+)

1. I changed my Clutch Slave Cylinder.

3.1%
  2. I have changed my brakepads.

12.5%
  3. I have windnoise in the cabin.

31.3%
  4. I get assorted rattles in the car.

21.9%
  5. I have faced persistent niggles requiring you to visit the service centre multiple times.

21.9%
  6. I have faced other issues (Please post)

15.6%
  7. Nope. I am one of the lucky guys :)

46.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    T-Jet / T-Jet+ owners,

After reading multiple reviews here and posts about niggles, minor issues etc. I am starting to see a pattern of sorts and am starting to believe that the first lot of T-Jets were manufactured using really good quality components and the later lots possibly suffered from progressively deteriorating product quality. Why do I feel this way? Maybe I did not research enough, or maybe I was reading what I wanted to hear, rather than what was there. Either way, I feel it is necessary for us T-Jet(+) owners to do a comparison of our prized possessions and conclude logically. My T-Jet bears a manufacturing date of 1-Sep-2010, possibly one of the first ones to roll out of FIAT's Ranjangaon Plant.

Here is what I observed:

1. Has a metal CSC. It was not changed later as confirmed with the dealership.
    2. There is no whine from the rear right side, as reported by others.
    3. Brake pad dust is minimal.
    4. No wind noise in the cabin at any speed. Tested up to 150 kmph.
    5. Though the car suffers from low GC, I have scrapped a speed hump only once till now in the past 4 months / 5500 kms ownership, that too in Bangalore, the world's speed hump capital.

I feel guilty posting - "I have not faced that problem!!" in multiple threads started by various T-Jet owners about issues & niggles that they are facing. I am not stupid enough to consider myself that lucky to have landed myself the best T-Jet ever built in India, hence this quest for answers.

T-Jet(+) owners, please post you experience and please do vote in the poll as well.

Thanks,

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    7 people like this.
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Voted for wind noise and persistent niggles. Would also like to point out that brake dust is high although I have not changed pads yet (car has run only 2700kms).

PS - March '11 TJet+
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Would also help if everyone also post the date of manufacture of their cars, so we can evaluate if the issues are persistent to all cars or just the ones manufactured in the later months.

Rajan
  4. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Ours is a Feb' 2011 manufactured T-Jet+, and has done ~12500 km.

Responding to your observations:

Can't comment on this. Don't know whether the CSC is metal or plastic.

In my car it is there. Details here: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/8646-tjet-whine.html#post148110

Haven't compared with any other Jet, but I think it is very high. The rims get completely black after a long drive because of the dust.

I can hear wind noise around the left ORVM around 80-100 kmph, but it is very faint. Not an irritant.

The car scrapes quite frequently because of the pathetic roads around my locality.

Have voted for:

1. I have windnoise in the cabin: Mentioned above

2. I get assorted rattles in the car: The steering column used to rattle. Got it fixed at the second service. Apart from that, there are some rattles from the rear seat.

3. I have faced other issues: The rear sun blind refused to roll back, service centre took six months to get the part. Fixed now.

Have made all these observations as a passenger.
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Mine is October 2010 model, so its one of the first lot in India.

Wind/tyre noise is audible at speed above 80 kmph & I had several niggling issues with it. Nothing show stopper, but leave a bad taste in mouth.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the response. Would you please post a bit more details, so we know what you are talking about?

1. What tyres are you running on?
    2. Wind noise and tyre noise are two different things. Which one are you facing?
    3. Could you please elaborate on the niggling issues? I mean, what are these issues?

Rajan
  7. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    I have a Feb 2011 TJet+.
    - Have no idea about CSC. Clutch is ok, much softer than my Esteem. I do feel that the gear shift could be better. Fiat engineers agreed during the Factory visit and they said they are working on it.
    - I got GY NCT as OEM. they are a bit noisy but dont bother me. The braking is excellent, that's more important.
    - Wind noise: Some noise appears above ~80kmph. Again, I don't find it bothersome. It is a bit more than in my parents' ANHC.
    - Brake dust: I used to have fair amount off brake dust despite mostly city running at my previous residence. At the new place, I dont see much of it. Not sure if its because of the ageing of the brake pads or my new car cleaner. Anyway, this again is something I never complained about because the braking prowess exceeds all expectations.
    - I do get a few rattles at times from next to the passenger seat belt and, very infrequently, from the steering column. They have not been persistent or bothersome enough for me to go and complain.

I voted being a lucky guy!

Edit: I think I should vote for Wind noise. But cant change that now.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  8. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    So far I didn't come across any of the issues mentioned above. I had only 3 niggles with my T-Jet when I bring her home.
    1) Fuel lid doesn't close in 1 stroke so petrol pump guy has to hit 2-3 times even more sometime. I spoke with service guy about this. He put some grease & its behaving better now. Still not in perfect shape.
    2) Front passenger door knob was hard but this was a quick fix by same TASS guy.
    3) Driver side vanity mirror one lamp was not glowing, noticed this at the time of PDI & again a quick fix before delivery
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @Rachit - Date of manufacture, buddy. Without that this thread / poll has no value.

Rajan
  10. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    I got my T Jet in November 2010. (Could be from the first batch manufactured at Ranjangaon Plant). Completed 39,500 Kms now.

1. Metal CSC;- No idea. Not checked.
    2. There is no whine from the rear right side, as reported by others.:- No
    3. Brake pad dust is minimal. :- Dust is minimum. Changed Brake pads at 35,000 Kms
    4. No wind noise in the cabin at any speed. Tested up to 150 kmph.:- Some noise appears in high speed more than 120 Kms. But it is not uncomfortable.Running on stock tyres yet
    5. Though the car suffers from low GC, I have scrapped a speed hump only once till now in the past 4 months / 5500 kms ownership, that too in Bangalore, the world's speed hump capital. :- Few times scrapped . Could be due to the road condition/design of the hump.