1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jet or MJD Linea?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Satyajit, Sep 18, 2011.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Agree with you djnish. PDI is primarily to check you are not getting a lemon and some pre delivery niggles that have skipped the dealer's PDI. There are some unscrupulous dealers who don't mind putting a PDI cleared stamp on papers prior to sending it for registration. IIRC, PDI clearance along with PUC is a pre-requisite for registration. In case of such crooked dealers, a thorough PDI is a must and am quite sure it is not too difficult to spot a crooked dealer.
  2. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Wow.. the forum has been down and I've been bursting to tell you guys that I've booked a Tuscan Wine T-Jet+ on the 30th.
    I'm running around regarding loans and stuff, will keep this updated.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    :wow

Congratulation for Fighter Jet.... you have selected rich color.
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    congratulations for the jet. finally you followed ur heart. tjet is a wonderful car which only a selected few has the privilege to own. i pity those who buy HONDA when they can buy a jet. they dont know what they are missing.
  5. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Thanks Kedar and Karan. It was a tough match between the Bronzo Scuro and the Tuscan Wine at home. Finally the TW won, but not by much margin :) TW or Burgundy has always been a hot favourite with me.

I've been alloted the VIN ending in "EMZ", so it's definitely a May manufactured car. Now, will know further details upon the PDI perhaps later this week or over the weekend.
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Congrats Satyajit! Great colour and obv the best petrol car under 10 lacs thats out there to be owned!

Rather than the chassis code, I'll suggest you check the date on tyres. That should indicate when the car was actually rolled off the assembly line.
  7. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Yep, thanks Nish. Will keep you posted on those as I do the PDI. Haven't fixed a day yet, will know soon.
    Congratulations on the HHB yourself!!

Questions to you all: They are offering me one coat of Teflon paint protection free. I've read that this is a gimmick. I want to refuse this and bargain for something else. How much will a proper detailing cost me outside? What sun film do I ask for?
    Most probably will buy the parking sensors (Xenos?) and illuminated sill plates at a discount.

Has anyone bought genuine fiat accessoriess on Ebay?
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    check out www.kamyo-detailers.com. Interior detailing costs Rs 2k while exterior detailing costs Rs 3k. Not bad for a semi-annual expense!

Even I have refused teflon coating. Will bargain for something else, though I doubt the dealer will agree, because Teflon is usually a no-value freebie they offer.

Do not get sunfilm from him. He'll bundle Garware. And if you are conscious about the brand/quality, I'll suggest you to go for 3M/VKool/Llumar, depending on your budget.

Instead of these two, bargain for TJet door sill plates.

Also, are you saying that the Fiat geniune Accessory - parking sensors are Xenos make? (http://www.fiat-india.com/fiat-accessories.aspx?ModelId=5)
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I have tried pretty hard to negotiate with the dealer for discounts, but I am not getting anything more than the gift cheque and the insurance part

Teflon in my view is a sheer waste. I have seen one of the dealers rubbing it and my view is that there are too many swirls after using it. Please stay away from it.

Also, regarding the parking sensors, my dealer had some local stuff so I have rejected the same. I shall see if I can get the illuminated sill plates

DJ and Satu --> what deals did you get?
  10. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Yes, even I'll reject the Teflon. Absolutely nothing except for mudflaps and mats. I think they're pretty stretched with the gift cheque and free insurance to offer anything else. I'm not complaining so far:)

I'll probably end up buying the sensors (Xenos) and illuminated plates at a discount. Waiting for them to confirm a date for the PDI.