1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jet or MJD Linea?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Satyajit, Sep 18, 2011.

1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Satyajit,

Nice to know you have chosen TJet +, many congratulations and welcome to the TJet group.

I was in the same confusion when I zeroed on the TJet+. My usage is ~800 KM/Month.

Following reasons made me to go for TJet and I am enjoying every drive

1. Engine refinement and NVH levels
    2. Petrol Turbo (In no time it hits 150 + and if roads are free you can see 205+ that is the max i touched driving alone)
    3. If driven sedately it will return 16+ on highways with full load and 12+ in city (These i have seen only after first service)
    4. Rest is 16", leather seats, VFM (100%) and of course TJet logo ;)

The only time I feel I should have gone in for diesel is when i see the hikes in petrol

Bronzo S is bit difficult to maintain :)

Wish you all the best
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    DJ -> I did mention that BNW is a fast moving color. However I did not mean that the stock for the same is over. In fact the number of cars in BNW wasalmost double the other colors

Ad far as stockyard is concerned, FIATs stockyard is different from dealers and it is not in bombay. Also, as per the dealer the cars are kept in a separate location and not the plant after manufacturing. A huge implication of this is that if the car has a recall issue, it would only get fixed in delivery. Each dealer has his own stockyard. Most of them have an open stockyard, I have seen only 1 dealer in Delhi who had a covered stockyard.

As far as rust goes, it is common on the brake discs, but I have never head about rust in the engine bay. I have been on the lookout for atJet for some time now and I have been unlucky to see a Jet with rust on the door
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    sorry to tell you but i completely unagree with you as you said above about diesel hard clutch. I own a diesel Linea & i tried other member's petrol cars, as you said play for clutch is longer is true but clutch is never been hard atal! Not even if you compaired to petrol ones. Rather i would like to say clutch of multijet feels likem you are cutting soft butter with knife! I'll suggest you to check out the new 2011 multijets. Those are having clutch much more softer than my multijet 2010. Did you checked out a brand new multijet now a days? If not then please check them ones. FIAT had done great job in 2011 cars. I'll suggest you to go through new 2011 multijets & then give your verdict. Please Dont darken the image of multijets without checking them out! All things you said about hard clutch & back pains are VERY UNTRUE!
    Sorry if i ofended you but simply cant bare the false comments. No personal issu brother.
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    SpeedJet

I upgraded from Palio to TJet +

Clutch and gear is much much better in TJet+
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Tron --> I didn't mean to offend you or any other diesel car owner. I was comparing the clutch of 2010 MJD with they of the TJet. The TJet has a super soft clutch. This is very helpful Gor people like me who have orthopaedic issues. The long play in the clutch is enough to cause issues with the back for someone who is already suffering from back pain
  6. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Mr. Vasudev, Thanks. I saw your album and the Bronzo Scuro looks great in the shade and sun. Nice profile too. Now busy haggling with Concorde and Fortune to see who's offering the best. Surprisingly Concorde being a company subsidiary is a bit more expensive... but not by any significant amount.

Fortune mentioned they have the latest stock at their yard, but I'll have to check it out with the VINs to make sure.

Question for you guys: Concorde (tata owned) or Dealer (Fortune)? Who is the better devil out of the two? .. and who's commitment and service levels are better?
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    The case for Mumbai is different vis-a-vis other states. All car companies' stockyard is located in either Bhiwandi or Panvel. Then, depending on the customer's billing (Thane - octroi-less, Navi Mumbai - 1% cess or Mumbai - with full octroi paid), cars are billed and dispatched.

Hence any PDI has to be done at the stockyard, which makes it a harrowing task and one needs to take a day off work.

SJ - I didnt understand your words (highlighted in bold). Please rephrase.
    Thanks for the knowledge! I'm surprised why the dealer did not disclose the 2 year anti rust warranty. It's such a strong selling point!

I booked at Concorde, primarily because it was very close to my office and the dealer experience of TD was very nice. He was vehement in telling me that they are highest in priority order amongst all dealers in Mumbai, because they are a company owned dealer. Sounds logical! So they can get me the latest model etc.

However, you are right about discounts. I got a slightly better deal (about 6-7k less) at Wasan Motors. But then Shraddh had begun, so I was not keen to cancel and re-book the car. Also, I believe a lot in relationships. I had been talking to Concorde from Day 1 and didn't find it worthwhile to spoil that for 6k.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    No issue brother i just wanted you to know that in multijets now clutch is preety much soft like Tjets. Fiat doing great detailed work in2011 cars. Some time people post anyting without knowing anything about cars so have to suggest them to first check out the cars. What you said about 2010 multijet & tjet is true but now even that difference is worked out by fiat. New 90hp, lineas are drastically improved!
    Sorry from me to bro if i ofended you.
    Cheers! :p
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    DJ --> The dealer with whom I had booked the car showed to me a year old TJet+ which was lying in his fully covered stockyard. The paint on the rear left door had chipped off and there was rust. It is the place where the rear door lock goes into the door. The rust was seen when the door was opened. When I switched on the engine and put the car in reverse, I heard a big boom noise. In the engine bay area also I saw rust. Another dealer had shown me a car which did not have an H on the ODO (which means it had run more than 200 kms)

One golden rule is that make a large payment only after doing the PDI. Before that pay only the booking amount.
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I get your point. However, as I mentioned, Mumbai is different from other cities due to octroi rules. All cars are kept at stockyards outside Mumbai limits. Going to these stockyards means taking a day off from work.

Only when a customer confirms (part) payment, they bill the car accordingly (see my post above for clarification) and send it to dealer.

OT - with due respect to all the forums and knowledge sharing about PDI, how many of us have previously bought cars after a thorough PDI? We have purchased 8 cars in the last 25 years or so and NONE were bought AFTER a PDI. In fact, only after subscribing to these forums in the last 3 years or so, did I get to know that you need to do a PDI!

In the past, we just booked the car, paid whatever down payment was to be made and on the designated date, went to collect the car. AFAIR, THAT process was far more satisfying. Now my peace of mind has been robbed since the day I read about the need to conduct a thorough PDI!