1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jet or MJD Linea?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Satyajit, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Thanks guys. For me it is going to be the T Jet +... just know deep down that I won't settle for anything other than that. I think I've made and will stick to this decision. I thank and appreciate everyone's inputs so far, including MJD owners.

Now, I've inquired with 2 dealers and both are quoting almost identical prices on road. I ventured and asked for a few accessories... sadly none of them are offering any except for mud flaps. Or maybe I'm not negotiating well enough. The thing is we're already getting over a lac off of the previous on-road price (September offer), so wondered if I should just quit asking.. what do you guys think? .. I was hoping for atleast the parking sensors and sill plates.

One of them says that since they are a company subsidiary, they order only when booking is done... Don't stock cars. Not sure how true this is. need others to vouch...
    Also, I've read somewhere on this forum that production has stopped since end of May. Hope that's not going to be an issue.

I have to still make inquiries at a couple of vendors more to compare quotes. Most likely I'll be booking very early next week so that I don't miss out on this offer in September.

I would appreciate inputs from other prospective owners or those who have just recently booked the T-Jet in Mumbai about their dealer experiences.
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Great choice mate! I'm sure you got sold on the TD itself. All other features of the TJet (leather interiors, premium look and feel, safety features etc) become add-ons in case of the TJ!

I know which dealer you are referring to. I heard the same reply from them.

Which colour did you book? AFAIK, all other colours except Silver and White are May 2011 manufactured. So decide accordingly.

What's the on road price that you're getting? Usually they dont give any other accessories other than mud flaps and mats. Maybe if you bargain hard, you can get some additional cash discount.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Satyajit nice decision.... which color you opted, I will recommend you to buy Bronzo Scuro. This is the best color shade from FIAT. It goes well with Leather Seats, 16" Beautiful Alloys.
  4. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Kedar, you're right! I was bowled over when I saw the Bronzo Scuro at the showroom some months ago. Amazing color. I would like to see how it looks in broad daylight if possible. It's a dark brown with golden grains. I don't think there are too many cars even from other manufacturers in this color. Are darker shades more difficult to maintain?

Other than that, I like the Tuscan Wine and SBB too. Ofcourse, Linea looks good in each and every shade that she's available in. I see people opting for a lot of Vocal white or BNW (what's the diff guys?). White's a lovely color too, but somehow I have it ingrained in me that only builders, politicians and mafiosi buy white. Lol. No offence to anyone. Just kidding. White does bring out the lines and those gorgeous tail lamps beautifully.

Having said that, this is a tough decision indeed :) Perhaps tougher than "What car".
    I think the general consensus at home is don't opt for white or black, go for something more exotic. Bronzo Scuro is right on top of the list, but I'll want to see her in the other 2 colors as well (TW and SBB).

@dj.nish - The dealer said he'd get back to me regarding month of manufacture for each of the 3 shades (BS, TW, SBB). I've pm'd you a couple of days ago. Would there be a big issue if the vehicle is May manufactured? I mean how would it matter as long as FIAT's storing them safely at their factory? I've also heard about production being halted until the current stock clears. Not sure how good or bad this is. Advice needed. How has your experience been?
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Congrats on your decision. In TJet+ almost all colours are may 2011 manufactured. Since TJet is not a fast moving car nobody stocks it. Also, the amount that you pay would be the one that is applicable at the time of delivery. So unless you pay full amount in Sept (which you should not) you shall not get the discount (unless it is applicable in Oct). It is very hard to get discounts other than the already available ones. I was asked to pay for extended warranty also. Please let me know what discounts you get

DJ --> do you mean that bossa nova white is manufactured after May 2011? From what I had seen, the stock for BNW cars was the highest. Please let me know if latest manufacturing BNW is available?
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    congrats in advance for your new ride ! colour selection is the toughest part in buying process :), while bronzo scuro gives you the uniqueness on road that you are driving jet, it is easy to clean as well, unlike dark colours . Definitely Black is always the first option for sedans, it looks elegant and a class apart , now the tuscan wine is a brilliant choice given by fiat to opt for, if you think black is too common. But unless you clean it every now n then, jet is gonna be a dirty picture! If you want some uniqueness , go for the fox trot azure, its a calm n executive colour , which doesnt have that oomph factor, and is rarely seen on road and easy to maintain than any other light colours(you can take my word for that part). You may like it more once JRavi starts his travellogue on Leh in his FTA linea !!
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I have discussed the topic on May manufacturing in my thread. The general consensus was that you need to do a very detailed and thorough PDI if you are buying a May vehicle. Some people also mentioned that they would not prefer going for a vehicle that is more than 3 months old. Cars are not stored at Fiat. Most probably they are stored in a separate warehouse in the open.

Vocal white is no longer available. Bossa Nova White looks good and is not the usual shade of white.

Please keep me posted on the month of manufacture for Bronzo Scuro. I am hoping that all stock of this is sold off and I can get a new piece

I beg to differ on the FTA. I believe that it has the most oomph. I used to think like you, till I compared a Tuscan wine with FTA. FTA is a real beauty and gives a different shade in different lights - try seeing it at night/evening/sunset/broad daylight and you shall be amazed. All premium shades are good, but in the end it boils down to personal taste.
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Yes darker shades are definitely more difficult to maintain. Minute scratches and dust shows prominently on them. A thorough exterior detailing is recommended every 6 months to maintain the 'wet showroom look'.

Unfortunately, I never had a chance to see Bronzo Scuro in real life to aid my decision making. However, it was my long cherished dream to have a Black sedan and I thought what the heck - I'll spend 5k on detailing and keep smiling!
    AFAIK, all colors are May 2011 mfg. And yes, further production of TJets has been stopped till current inventory levels (close to 130+ cars) clears. I just replied to your PM as well. FIAT stocks all cars in Bhiwandi stockyard of Tata. This is a large open ground and the vehicles are definitely exposed to the elements there.

Even I'm worried about the May mfg. But then the real options is just one - drop the idea of owning a TJet+. This in itself is a suffocating feeling.
    Why do you recommend not paying the full amount in Sep? AFAIK, current discounts are valid only for cars invoiced in Sep. Atleast that's what my dealer has told me. So if you want to avail the 1 lac+ discount, you have no other choice - unless you have insider info of extension of discounts?

Extended warranty (rs 5350) is a paid item. However, 50 months Road Side assistance is free under the Sep offer.
    I think buddy you only told me that BNW is a fast moving color and current stocks would be getting over soon, if one is willing to wait.

On an unrelated note - I read on another forum that certain parts in the engine bay, as well as disc brakes are naturally rusted - even in new vehicles. I do not know how far this is true. But the comment there says that once the parts start operating, the heat and lubrication makes the rust fall off. Can anyone confirm this phenomenon?

And would anti-rust coating on the underbody, and WD-40 spray on other parts solve/prevent the rusting problem?

I think apart from rust, there isn't anything else to be alarmed about for a May 2011 car? Whatsay?

Also - I remember reading somewhere that FIAT provide a 3/5 year anti corrosion warranty of sorts on Linea, is that true?
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even i have an FTA punto speedjet.. i went for it as it was the rarest colour here, as i ve seen only a couple of puntos in that shade, also was the familys choice against white(they wanted a light colour and silver doesnt look gud). Finally now, it proved to be a good choice, as maintaining it is very easy, a couple of scratches that happened when it was parked is not at all visible easily to the naked eye, cleaning only once in a week, doesnt show out the dirt. As you mentioned, it look different at different time of the day n lights, also very much photogenic :)
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?703-Meet-at-Trivandrum&p=65058&viewfull=1#post65058
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    @djnish. You have read rightly that the rust formation on discs and some engine bay thingies. It is superfluous rust that forms on surface and not from within the metal. WD40 will take care of any rust formation in the beginning, but is not the complete solution in itself. Fiat offers 2 years warranty against rust. The car under body comes with anti rust coating and you don't need to go for it initially. In a coastal area, however, it is prudent to get the extra coating done to preserve some exposed parts of under body.