1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jet or MJD Linea?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Satyajit, Sep 18, 2011.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    If that much extra cost of petrol doesn't bother you then its a no brainer. It has to be the t-jet.
    But do keep in mind that monthly running increases quite a lot as others have pointed out, more so in case of diesels. you don't have to think about fuel cost when taking it out on the road..

And deregulation of diesel is not something which seems likely .. Almost everything gets transported by road. Hence any increase in diesel price has direct effect on the price of thousands of other things.. so its that much more difficult for the govt to increase diesel price
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  3. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Thanks for all your inputs. The excel sheet is a real eye-opener. However, just like someone on that forum mentioned, it is also an emotional experience - atleast for me. I don't intend to sell my car for a very long time if I can help it. If I do go for the Jet, might I have to be a bit more frugal in usage? ... perhaps. But I don't want the car to be just another item to decorate the showcase. I'd like to use it well.

Damn! Why haven't Fiat introduced a jet's equivalent in diesel?

Perhaps some of the MJD owners on this forum might have their own perspective and ownership comments - pros and cons.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

So true, Satyajit. If you by TJ, you may have to be a bit frugal, but it will bring you more smiles. At the end of the day, what matters is not few rupees save or spent, but how happy the money made us. Money is a tool which is designed to help us, and we should spent it in a way to bring maximum happiness.

From the perspective of a MJD Punto owner, though my usage do not warrant a MJD, I decided against buying higher variant of petrol and brought basic variant of MJD because I love diesels and love the torque delivery of a diesel engine. It is true that i am paying more EMI, but at the end of the day, it have made me more happy.

Go with your heart - get a TJ+, if that is what will keep you happy.
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    There is also a news of de-linking of diesel pricing for consumer and commercial vehicles. Govt. wants to make diesel for privately owned/consumer driven cars closer to petrol prices. Again this is not confirmed, but highly likely.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

OT: If that ever happens, there will be corruption galore. At present, simply put, our country do not have a fool proof mechanism to make sure which diesel goes to which guys.

I think the government may come up with additional tax for diesel vehicles which are registered for personal use.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If that happens, it would be sane thing that TFIans from every city contribute to buy a very old truck/trolley that is good enough just to go to the Petrol pump to get its tank filled with diesel and come bck to a place where it can be parked legally, without being towed away by the traffic police. :lol:
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    lol i was too thinking the same. my friend has trucks, i can ask him to tank up and then i can tap from his huge 200 lts tank :)
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    truck drivers will stop driving and start making money by selling diesel in black :) :)
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ok now coming back to the topic let me give my 2 cents. there is no doubt that the TJET is once in a life time owning experience and its awesome piece of engineering.

but it runs of petrol which is touching new highs every quarter.

in city you cannot exploit the tjet power completely and it will give u economy of 8-9 in city.

on highways most of the play occurs at speeds of 100-120 considering indian highways and idiot truck drivers plying on them

here the MJD linea holds its command with awesome suspensions and precise handling. mjd goes upto 160 without any fuss so will the tjet.

mjd will give u mileage of 15 in city min and 20 on highways min.

give it a remap in future and there will be a brand new story to narrate then.

but TJET is one awesome car that beats the sweat out of cars segment above.