1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jet, now or next year?

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by S A SHAH, Dec 19, 2011.

1. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    Also, do consider the reduction in resale price if its a december model vis-a-vis a jan model...
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    *re-sale*? :eek: :(:confused:

Rana-ji - what are you smoking buddy? Who wants to sell a TJET?

On a serious note - It has been 15 months since TJet has been launched and believe me, I havent seen a SINGLE car on the re-sale market! ::O
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Nishant, some TFI member in NCR managed to get entire 1.75 lac discount on a May 2011 model. I have not been so lucky till now

Ranaji, if we think of resale then its a sin to buy a petrol car, especially a Fiat petrol car. Resale is the last thing that anyone buying TJet should have on his mind

I could not agree more with you. All owners are in love with the TJet and it has been serving most of the owners well. How do I know, well you can say I have done PHD (or rather forced to do PHD by dealers) in TJet before buying it :)
  4. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Visited the Dealership

Dear, as I said in my earlier post that the car is not for me but has been booked by some one else whom I don't know. I discussed the deal with sales manager who informed me about the above mentioned discounts etc. If I book the car now, I'll also get the same discounts, may be little more as some freebies etc. I've already disclosed my decision to postpone the booking for some time now.
    Thanks for feeling concerned.
    S A SHAH
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even then, buying a December model is much more sense. You get 1.75 lacs discount. This easily or perhaps covers more than what you will lose for buying a car in December. Plus, you saved Rs1.75lacs now. Even if you sell the car 4-5 years later to upgrade/buy new car, you will have higher savings in the form of interest generated by investing these Rs1.75 lacs.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    You shall get same or even more discounts next year. Decision to wait is the correct one
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I doubt that. Discounts are for 2011 Linea in order to clear stocks. Just like other car manufacturers, Fiat is also going to increase prices. 2012 Facelift is exactly the kind of opportunity to enable them in doing so.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    2011 models are still available with most dealers. Discounts on them will continue. As far as 2012 stocks are concerned, I do not feel a hike in TJet prices is going to help. Even if the hike happens it would be of the order of 4-5K. Anything more than that would need addition of new features like cruise control, sunroof, AT, etc. An entry version Honda City is now available for 6.99. My gut feeling is that the price may either remain same or get reduced.

Just a few days to go, we will know about it soon..
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Yaar Speedjet, do you think it makes any sense to increase the price by just 4-5k on 2012 facelift model? The entire logic of a facelift is to extract higher amount from the consumers in the garb of minor (read:Chrome and plastic) changes.

And in what mind can you compare TJet vs ANHC (and that too the base variant?). Infact see the advert link (::: Fiat Linea :::) sourced from Fiat's site, comparing it with ANHC Exclusive (the top end model). Forget the interiors et al, just see the basic specs - Engine (incl torque), tires and brakes. IMHO, these three things make a world of difference to a car and the way it handles and Tjet is a living proof of the same.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    DJ, I have been following the pricing of the TJet right from the start. When it was launched the TJet was priced close to the City VMT. Till the time there were no discounts on the City there were no discounts on the TJet.

After first round of City prices slashed, TJet was offered with free insurance and diesel for petrol offer. After second round of City price slash, TJet was offered with 75K discount. Eventually this discount increased to 1 lac cash discount + 75K worth freebies. Some dealers even offer the entire 1.75 lac discount to sell the TJet+.

I know that it is not correct to compare the entry version of Honda City with the TJet, but this is known only to few of us who are aware of the capabilities. The above comment was in the context of the Indian market where common people based on the TJet price (greater than City) and brand value would not give the TJet a chance - not even a test drive

So the only way forward is to price and market the TJet aggressively - becuase if it is not done even then eventually the car has to be sold with a discount.