1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T JET MISFIRING AND STALLING

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by GEORGE THOMAS, May 24, 2017.

1. GEORGE THOMAS

GEORGE THOMAS Timido

ERNAKULAM
    Linea T-Jet
    My T Jet(Veh 5 year old) has been mis firing and stalling after some distance. After swiching off and restarting, it will run for some distance.The problem is now more than a year old.We are not able drive more than 10 Km.The service dealer was not able to diagnose.Then Fiat India service and now FCA service is involved.Electrical,fuel system,and engine has been checked.So far no results.The throttle body was replaced,wiring changed.Still no results.Any body had similar experience or idea to share.

2. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Yes i faced similar issue with my car 5 years back(when it was 2 day old). Even service center mechanics also not able to diagnose the problem initially. They tried and hit and trail thing, finally some supervisor from pune came and rectified my issue.

They have changed the all the cables(which will connect the cluth assembly) in side the bay and from then i didnt face any single issue. Hope this will help.

pabhishek and limraj like this.
  3. GEORGE THOMAS

GEORGE THOMAS Timido

ERNAKULAM
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks for your suggestion.I will ask the service cetre person to check.

4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
  5. GEORGE THOMAS

GEORGE THOMAS Timido

ERNAKULAM
    Linea T-Jet
    No news so far.The FCI Kerala service head has gone for some training till Saturday.The dealer mechanic is on his own without support from FCI.My car was kept the service station for 4 months last year for the same reason.That time they gave me temporaty car.At last I took back my car.They said repacing throttle body will solve the problem.But I was not convinced.So I kept the car with me and was using for short trips.The i got fed up and decided to risk changing throttle body at my cost (Rs 42000/-,The FCI did not respond to my request for free replacement).Now after repacing throttle body,it is showing same symptoms.(I have only made advance payment of Rs 10000/)

6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    That's sad. We have heard nice reviews of the Salem workshop. Can you ask your local Fass to take assistance with them. Or have you tried with some local repair shop? Kerala , I suppose has lots of fiats, there might be some experts in fiat.

7. Anub jack

Anub jack Timido

Coimbatore
    Linea T-Jet
    I too had the same problem and even posted here about it. Only after some technical guy from FCI,Pune had come was it rectified. I was told the turbo needs precision in alignment and that was the problem.

8. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    It can possibly be an issue with the failed fuel pump. I had replaced it in my T-Jet when I too faced the same issue and it resolved the problem.

It's a delicate part made in Italy and does not sustain to fuel quality in our country.

Once I replaced the fuel pump I always filled the petrol in Shell and never faced the issue again.

Have the technicians check it out.

tipo and Anub jack like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Acar stalling without any error codes!? Examiner obd must display some error hopefully. If not it makes it more complicated. I'd think it has to do with sensors perhaps or as someone mentioned fuel pump related or else an electrical glitch.

10. GEORGE THOMAS

GEORGE THOMAS Timido

ERNAKULAM
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks all for valuable suggestins.I pass on your suggestios to the service station.
    We got the car checked with private workshop and another diagnostic centre.Every where the error report says P1 172 -Mixture 1 strength (multiplicative).This, as per service is for throttle body,which has a sensor to open throttle let in fuel air mixture as we presses the pedal.But as the engine or the enging compartment gets heated up some thing tells the system to choke the engine.The sevice people says they have replaced the control panel also.
    Awaiting further developments tomorrow when FCI Kerala service head joins back after a weeks training.