1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-JET MID IS BLANK-with backlight on

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by SAF_RoadWarrior, Jan 1, 2015.

1. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Hi All,
    My 2012 purchased T-JET showed a new problem.\
    The driver MID was blinking earlier , now no display is there only the orange colored back-lit is still on.
    All other lights are functional in the dashboard and car runs ok.
    My brother had tried a negative terminal reset but no luck.
    Did any one face this issue and can suggest any solution please?

If this is any issue, can this be resolved under extended warranty?
    Or in case of total replacement DASHBOARD or it is LCD only ?any appx cost?please help.

I have kept the car at my home town in Haldia-w.b, as I am out of country right now.
    So not sure how good the services in w.b, i did everything in Pune at Pundit.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Well, there's the new Austin in Kolkata and an improved? Garodia and a Bose automobiles, too. Look them up on the Fiat website. Get the issue diagnosed first.

Have you tested the battery? Could just be a loose contact or dirty sensor....get the FASS guys to run diagnostics on it first?

all the best
  3. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Thank you prabhjot.
    Here what is happening.
    Couple of days back when my brother started the car the display came back with some fibbed characters.
    Considering the moisture aspect, he cranked the engine,idled it for 2mins, then turn on the ac for 8 mins, and then turn on the heater for 2 mins ,blew the hot air via wind shield ventilation mode to cover the dashboard part.
    The displays came back to normal.
    Few hours later he started the car, with out crank or with crank the display worked perfect.
    Here are the current screenshots.
    Before doing all that he performed a negative terminal reset which defaulted the date and others settings.
    altAkOPZZvFsXuAMktQ5zrROmAustfDGYbLnRZuKkCJfkRT.jpg altAqz6qUyd-GovoKV37ZjCoXDldaRLI1OQnwAYvDZhn50J.jpg altAkOPZZvFsXuAMktQ5zrROmAustfDGYbLnRZuKkCJfkRT.jpg altAqz6qUyd-GovoKV37ZjCoXDldaRLI1OQnwAYvDZhn50J.jpg altAj4sX-DAG1nv5adfrwiKLfBF1_t0BolxtKg8d9nh6bEt.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2015 ---
    any suggestion on what could be happening or will this die soon?
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    That's great to know,, these troubleshooting techniques really helps :cool:

So, moisture was the culprit.
    prabhjot and Saket Sidana like this.
  5. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    will update you all when the mistress will misbehave again interns of show off. :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

Someday I'd just like to ride rough on an old fashioned car minus all the sensors and CANBUS. Crankup the engine manually (with the rotary start) and see it cough up to life. No blue-tooth, USB and other fancy nick-nacks. Just me, the car and the tarmac.
  7. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    so far all is ok..touchwood
    pdash likes this.