1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jet interiors done in Alcantara & Leather

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by PatchyBoy, Mar 16, 2016.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    My Bossa Nova White T-Jet is now 5+ years and 65000 kms old. Wanted to give her a face lift. During my visits to the US, had seen a friend's car with Alcantara interiors and loved it. Wanted the same for my car too. The material was hard to come by. No retailers in India. The manufacturer in Italy does not sell retail. After a long and hard search, found JPM Coachworks in the US, who sell retail.

Doing up the interiors in Alcantara alone was going to cost a bomb. The fabric at $ 110 for a yard (91.44 cm x 142 cm), would cost more than twice as much as leather would. So, I decided to get it done in a combo of the two materials.

So, went ahead and imported two yards of the material. Now to decide on the vendor who would do this for me. After speaking to a few popular names, I decided to approach Ceralli. I had got my Palio seats done from them and was very happy with the outcome.

Mr. Santhosh of Ceralli not only remembered me after all these years and was very eager to do my car interiors again. I was originally thinking of getting Napa leather, but at the shop after looking at which one blends better with Alcantara, decided to go with Satin leather instead.

I am very happy with the outcome. Since we were left with a bit of the Alcantara fabric, Mr. Santhosh made those neck rests for me. I had originally wanted to get the steering wheel wrapped in Alcantara as well, but he was upfront with not being able to get OE fit and finish, so dropped that idea.

Cost break up -

Alcantara - $259.30 - incl taxes & local shipping. Sister brought it back with her, so saved on international shipping.

Leather & labour at Ceralli - ₹ 38,800 - less the cost of leather saved due to Alcantara. Mr. Santhosh also gave me an additional discount as I was a repeat customer. He also threw in a bottle of Amway leather cleaner for free.

Let the pictures do the talking now

P1000578.JPG P1000566.JPG P1000573.JPG P1000572.JPG P1000568.JPG P1000574.JPG P1000565.JPG P1000570.JPG P1000569.JPG
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Awesome. The approx 55K INR spent is well worth it.
    Does this impact the folding of rear seats or anything else?
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks. This just a replacement for the OE upholstery. No function is affected.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful interiors @PatchyBoy. That white stitching is icing on the cake. :cool:
  5. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Awesome job......nice fit and finish...
  6. kinetic

kinetic Novizio

mh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Very beautifully done. The OE seat leather in linea is genuine leather or artificial leather?
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you. In the T-Jet Plus variant, it is genuine Italian Leather. In the T-jet (the variant I own) it is fabric.
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Alcantara... you have a fan boy of this material now

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Very very neat work by ceralli. Out come is just awesome.