1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-Jet emotion exchange for existing Linea FIRE : advice needed

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Revv, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Hello guys,

I currently own Linea Emotion Pk 1.4 manufactured Oct 2009 with odo reading 52K kms
    Next month it will complete its 6th birthday. I thought this is the right time to sell this one and buy T-Jet.

Some points about current Linea :
    1. I am second owner. This car is with me for past 3 years
    2. Car is in excellent condition barring a few scratches which are unavoidable in city like Pune
    3. Car tyres, battery, Front and rear shock absorbers , Break disc and break pads all changed during last one year
    4. Seat covers added this July
    5. Car is always serviced at authorized service center. Last service done last week
    6. Comprehensive insurance valid till August next year

Now, I am getting T-Jet emotion with approx 40K discount and MJD with almost 1lakh discount.
    But valuation of current Linea is done as only 2 lakh including exchange bonus by Fiat validator.

I am really confused now if I should go ahead with the purchase.
    My feeling is I can get atleast 50K more if I sell this car to an individual buyer.

Please let me know what you guys think.
  2. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Update :
    TDed S-Cross today. Variant was 1.3 Alpha.
    Except steering feel and ride quality of Linea, I felt S-Cross is pretty good or in ways better than Linea. I have already driven Ciaz hybrid. Ciaz was instantly out of picture after I drove S-Cross. Price difference is about 60K between Linea emotion diesel and S-Cross 1.3 zeta.
  3. GANESH H

GANESH H Amatore

Maharashtra
    Maharashtra
    Linea 1.3
    I think it is depend on whether you want to invest 10 L rupees on new linea t jet or save that rupees and to continue with your current linea fire.
    In terms of ride , handling , steering feedback these two car will give same experience . Only difference is initial pick up and 0 - 100 acceleration . I think with t jet linea ease of overtaking on highway is main advantage as compared to linea 1.4 fire . In city traffic there will be not much difference. If i would face same situation as you then I would decide on my financial priorities . Only just for quick acceleration time i will not buy linea t jet , I would use current excellrnt condition linea 1.4 Fire but if budget permits then I will definitely buy new linea T jet . That is what i think.
  4. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    How long do you plan to keep the T-Jet ? If you plan to keep it for 3 years like the present car, go for a used one. If you want to keep it really long ( 5+ years ), go for a new one.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I'd really look very very closely at the Abarth Avventura too/instead, since you seem to like the SCross i.e., crossover form-factor: the t-jet even on the Linea but especially on the Fiat Avventura (Abarth) is in a whole different league of flexibility and driving-ease (city and highway, any gear torque etc) AND immense fun too, compared to the highway-great mjd 1.3 on the Linea or the SCross, imo.

@Revv
  6. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    @prabhjot Thanks buddy ! I have actually dropped the plan for now. Bought Alto K10 as a second car mainly for my parents to use within city limits. Eagerly waiting now for Linea Abarth :hungry:;)