1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

T-jet Clutch replaced - Problem still presisting

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ashish27, Oct 4, 2015.

1. ashish27

ashish27 Novizio

Chandigarh
    Hi
    I recently got my T-jet clutch replaced (63000km)... Feeling of hard push of clutch pedal still exist ( for which i got new one). Checked with fiat ( Speed Fiat; Chandigarh) they said it will exist as we have not clutch bearing column/Fry wheel (which as per them are in good condition).

Their one technician told there is RPM mismatch with gear change but other team tells all is good but i don't feel good.

As, per my understanding if clutch assembly is replaced your clutch is a good as new vehicle one.

I've a feeling they didn't replaced clutch...

Pl. advice after spending 13K i don't feel anything good with new clutch it's more like driving as i was doing 2 months back...
  2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    While replacing the Clutch assembly, there is no work done on engine, so there is no question of Gear RPM mismatch. I think you mean they did not change the fly wheel.... quiet common practice if it looks to be in good condition.

Now to your problem: If they replaced the fluid in the clutch system... you will feel it a bit hard for couple of 100 KM.. then it will be comfortable. Things will settle down during that time. So calm down and give it some time.
  3. ashish27

ashish27 Novizio

Chandigarh
    Now, when they reopened again on my persistent request... They have found play in Dual Fly wheel( by LUK Germany) @Rs 33,000/- with Salve Bearing @Rs 9000/- ... I'm landing @42,000/- just for parts...

Tried some jugadh with same service centre fixed the play in Dual fly wheel by welding it... Pickup is awesome...

But NEW problems emerged -

1. Engine not starting by self, Need to push accerlator to start.
    2. Noise coming form transmission side when accerlator pushed to 2000-3000 RPM.

They advised to get New Fly wheel + Salve cylinder Bearing...
    They said not take it Highway for long drive...

Pl. advice to continue or get it replaced...
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Engine not starting but only by accelerator was attributed to fuel pump in one case but solved by mere starter service. Do post your findings later.